thirty-five

Time passed slowly.

I didn't even know how much time passed. I just stared at the spot he just walked away from.

My heart was broken. I was still crying. I hadn't stopped.

I didn't hear the door open and I didnt hear Calum say my name until he was standing right behind me.

"Luke? Luke oh my god what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Calum set his hand on my shoulder. I didn't say anything but my body shook as I cried. "Okay come on." He steered me towards his and Michaels room and I let him.

Once he got me inside he shut the door behind him and brought me inside then set me down on the bed.

Just as I sat down, Michael came out of the bathroom. "Hey Calum did you ask Luke what all that yelling was about?" Then he turned and saw me. "Oh my god. Luke. What's wrong man?"

"He isn't talking. I don't know what's going on. I just walked into the hall and he wasn't moving he was just standing there crying so I brought him inside."

"Okay well he probably won't say anything so let's get him to bed. He can talk in the morning." Michael said. I could hear the concern in their voices but I didn't care.

I didn't care about anything. All I cared about and all I could think about was Ashton. Ashton. Why didn't I tell him sooner? If I'd just told him sooner maybe things could have been different. I would have fallen asleep next to him instead of by myself.

My body shook violently as I let out another sob thinking of that. I buried my face in my hands and continued to cry.

Calum's and Michaels quiet discussion went silent, I could feel their attention turned towards me and then I felt someone standing beside me.

"Let's get you to bed okay Luke?" It was Michael. His hand was on my shoulder. I stood up and he helped me get into the bed. "I don't know whats going on Luke but I really hope you're feeling better tomorrow."

My eyes were closed but I heard them talking.

"Should I sleep in Luke's room?" Calum asked quietly.

"I don't have a key to his room and neither do you. He has one but it's in his pocket."

"Well I guess we're cuddling tonight." Calum tried to lighten the situation it didn't work.

"I have never seen him so sad." Michael said after a moment. "What the hell could have happened?"

"I have no idea. Let's just hope he's feeling better in the morning."

That was the last thing I heard from either of them before I fell asleep.

--

It was dark when I woke up. My body hurt. My eyes hurt from crying. My throat hurt from yelling and crying. But most of all my heart hurt from losing Ashton. I felt like I was going to start crying again but I don't think I had any tears left.

I checked the time on the clock beside me. It was 4:30 in the morning. Calum and Michael were asleep in the bed next to mine.

Quietly, I got out of the bed, and snuck out of the room. I pulled my room key out of my pocket and unlocked it. I opened the door and walked in.

I looked around it. It was dark. Quiet. Empty. And not physically empty. I could feel the change. And I thought of how the last time I was in here Ashton broke up with me. And how just before he left the room he kissed me on the cheek and how that would be the last time I would get to feel his soft lips. And I started to cry again.

It hurt to much to be in this room. I couldn't stay. I had to leave. I needed to leave. I needed Ashton. I fell to my knees.

"Why couldn't I have just told someone?" I quietly sobbed in the dark room. "Why did I have to fuck up?" I sat on the cold floor for ten minutes before I stood up. I began to put everything back into my suitcase. I packed everything in until the room looked empty. Physically.

Then I grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down a note and grabbed my room key. I took all of my stuff out of the room and closed the door. Then I walked to Michael's and Calum's room and slid both the note and room key under the door.

I needed to leave. I needed to see someone. To talk to someone.

I had no idea where Ashton was going. He said he was going home.

Ashton was going home. And so was I.

~

Why do I always update at midnight now? I don't know I just do

So this has 3k views and that weirds me out but I'm also hella excited so please keep reading and like, comment too because that makes me super excited.

Anyways

Have a nice week

-ash