sixteen

Luke slowly hung up the phone then set it down in front of him. He waited a couple minutes before he eventually turned to face me.

His eyes were sad and his lips were set in a frown.

"I knew we didn't have much longer together but, I thought we'd have longer than this." His voice was quiet.

"I know. Me too." I didn't want to cry. I wanted to be strong for Luke. For myself.

"Ashton I-" Luke started to speak before I stopped him.

"Luke i am on the verge of tears right now and I really don't want to cry in front of you so please, just kiss me."

Luke nodded and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my body into his and immediately, his lips touched mine.

As hard as I tired not to however, I felt tears brim my eyes. I squeezed my eyes even tighter but they fell. I felt as they began to run down my face.

Luke continued to kiss me, even as they continued to fall. Soon however, he had to pull away.

When I opened my eyes I noticed that Luke's eyes were red and he had also been crying.

Luke was the first to speak.

"I have been with you for 3 weeks. That is not a long time. But I know I seriously care about you because I haven't hurt this much about leaving anyone since the first time I went on tour without my mum."

I laughed a little at his attempt at lightening the mood but immediately frowned.

"Luke." I looked up at him. "I don't want you to go." My voice broke over the last word.

"I don't want to go either. But I promise you Ashton. I promise I'll be back here. As soon as I can, I'll be back here. For you." I nodded.

We sat in silence for a moment.

"I guess I should go." He whispered.

I nodded again, not trusting my own voice. We both stood up from the couch, my hand tightly clasped in his, and we talked to the door.

Luke had his phone in hand and slipped on his jacket then his shoes.

Neither of us said anything for a moment. We just looked at the floor. Finally, I looked up at him, and he looked at me.

Taking one step closer, I pulled him down so his lips were on mine. I broke away really quickly. Knowing if I made it any longer, I wouldn't be able to pull away.

"I'll see you soon. I promise." Luke said, my hand still in his.

I nodded once more.

Before he walked out the door, his free hand came up to my face and his soft lips pressed against my forehead. I closed my eyes, willing no more tears to fall. Not until he left anyway.

"I promise." He whispered.

"I know." My voice cracked even as I whispered.

Finally, he pulled his hand away from mine and opened up the door, walking out, and closed it behind him.

And just like that, he was gone.

~

This is honestly so short I'm sorry

But news.

Soon I'll be changing things so the next update will be a little different and you'll see why when I update....

But anyways even bigger news....

I am officially done writing this fanfic. I wrote the last chapter on Saturday so I will try and focus more on new fanfics now that I've finished writing this one. I will still be updating regularly but I have many new fics to work on and maybe post soon.

But for now, have a great week :)

All the love

-Ash