thirteen

The sky began to turn a light purple as Luke and I made our way out of the water. Neither of us had any idea how long we'd stood there but it had to have been at least an hour.

We both threw on our clothes despite us both being drenched. Not many words were spoken as we walked back to my apartment. And not many were needed. We did not hold hands as we walked but we stood so our shoulders brushed against each other's.

Every once in a while we would glance at each other and smile softly. We were both tired and both dreaded the late afternoon of the day.

Even as we tried not to think about it as the sun rose higher in the sky and we walked into my still quiet building, it was evident that it was there. It was as if there was another presence in the room. We both knew it was there but neither one of us had the guts to mention it.

After the night we'd had, all we wanted was for it to last. We walked down the hall to my apartment and I unlocked the door as we walked in. It appeared just how we'd left it over 2 hours ago.

Sad and empty.

Luke had to leave my place by 2 if he wanted to get back to his hotel then make it to the airport in time. Which left us with under 9 hours.

I shut the door behind us and Luke walked inside without looking at me.

"Should we sleep." It was supposed to be a question but it came out more as a statement.

"Yeah I guess we should." Luke was facing away from me and had his hands pressed flat on the countertop. I heard his voice falter a bit.

"Luke." I sighed and walked up behind him. "Luke we have over 8 hours. Now we could choose to be sad over how little that is. Or we could be happy that we still have that much time left. You pick."

He nodded but his posture still suggested he was sad. I was sad too. But I tried not to show it.

Luke turned around and tilted my chin up with his finger then pressed his lips to mine before smiling sadly.

"Okay. Let's sleep."

I returned the smile as I grabbed his hand while pulling him towards my bedroom.

"Just take those all off." I gestured to his clothes as I peeled off my own clothes.

Luke followed my actions and pulled his shirt off then managed to get out of his even tighter skinny jeans considering they were damp.

He left them in a pile on the floor and grabbed his phone.

"I'm going to set an alarm. For 11. So we can still have a few hours together."

I nodded then crawled into my large bed and pulled the covers up to my chin. Luke set his phone down beside the bed before he glanced down at me.

He smirked before getting into the bed himself.

Once again, the space between us was very minimal. Our legs were tangled together and his nose was practically touching mine.

"You look adorable." He muttered as his eyes began to droop.

I gave him a tired smile. "Go to sleep." I whispered.

"Okay." Luke kissed me once before wrapping his arms around me.

Luke's breathing slowed very fast and I could tell he'd fallen asleep. I smiled as I breathed him in.

I fell asleep with my face buried in his chest and his strong arms wrapped tightly around my body.

~

This is short and so is this message only been home for an hour was at school from 8 am until 9 pm super tired goodnight

-Ash