twenty-six

"Hey dude relax. This show isn't any different from any other show we've ever played." Michael commented as I walked aimlessly around the dressing room.

"Yeah. Yeah you're right." But he wasn't.

Calum walked into the room and noticed too.

"Woah dude you look like shit. Why do you look so terrified?"

"I don't know I just am this feels different than normal."

"Well calm down before you pass out or throw up or something." Calum told me. "Here," he tossed ,drinking a water bottle and I missed, "drink."

I picked it up from the floor and took a drink from it.

"Okay. Now are you ready?"

"Not at all but let's go anyways."

The three of us made our way to the stage where I could already here the fans screaming. I felt my heart rate pick up. Ashton would be in the crowd. I knew about where he would he sitting and I knew that's the only place I would be looking the whole time.

As soon as we were on stage the screaming became even louder. The lights blinded me for a moment but my eyes adjusted quickly. I looked around the huge crowd and looked in the general direction I knew Ashton would be sitting. The tickets I have him were for really close to front row.

I couldn't find hum at first so I concentrated on what I was supposed to be doing. I continued to scan the crowd however when I spotted him. Even with all those people it was simple to spot him. And there he was. Looking right at me. He wore a normal outfit. Something he would wear on a normal occasion. He was smiling really big and beside him stood a girl who I assumed was his sister. She was also smiling. And she was looking at me too. She said something to Ashton who never broke eye contact with me and he nodded.

3 hours later we were saying goodnight and running off stage.

"Holy shit." Michael said as soon as we were off stage. "I need a shower."

"You always need a shower." Calum told him.

"And you need a haircut."

"Says you."

Michael rolled his eyes.

"Hey Luke you're awfully quiet over there. And you did great. I don't know why you were so nervous." Calum said, looking at me.

"Yeah I don't know either. It was a good show."

We made our way outside to get into the fan and go back to our hotel. There were fans out there. They were loud. There was security with us and there would be we security right outside the door.

As soon as we pushed open the door the shouts became deafening and we were being practically dragged to the van. I looked around the crowd and smiled at the fans when my eye caught her. It was the girl with Ashton. His sister and I looked up and Ashton was standing right there with her. Once again he was smiling right at me. And I was about to walk right passed him. He was staring at me and I at him. He was right there. Right in front of me. I could have reached out and touched him. So i did.

But not just him. That would be too suspicious. I reached out my hand and everyone around me immediately attempted to touch me right back. And then he was right there. He reached out his hand too and his fingers lightly brushed past mine. It wasn't much but it was the most physical contact we'd had in 3 days. Which also wasn't much but who knew when just would see him again so I lingered. Only for a second but it was enough to make me want to not keep going. To stay and hold his hand and hold him in my arms and tell him how much I wanted to stay with him. I wanted to kiss him and not have to leave him like I'd done so often before. So i smiled at him and he smiled back. In that single second there was so much i wanted to say to him but just like that, I was being pushed forward. Pushed ahead. Pushed away. Away from him. Away from Ashton. Away from my happiness.

~

Haha hi

So at this point I have 7 days of school, 2 exams, and one drive which most of you probably have no idea what I mean by that but I have to go to school for it on the 22nd and also my brothers graduation so that means I have to go to the school 12 more times before the summer. One only for an hour, 2 times for two hours, and one for like 3 so that's fun then it's summer and I'm going to the fair with my best friend so that's fun

Almost forgot this but I did not so yup

And as a side note there is officially only 14 more chapters and an epilogue. I counted

Love

-Ash