two

I woke up at 6AM on the dot from a text.

Camila: hey y/n. sorry I texted you so early in the morning, but I was wondering if you'd want to sit with me and a few friends at lunch today. Ya know, so you don't think our school is complete shit.

I smiled knowing that I'd quickly be joined into a group, hopefully.

Y/N: yeah, that sounds cool. where do you all sit?

Camila: oh great :) & we will find you. what's your class before lunch?

Y/N: Spanish 2 with Mr. Duerte

Camila: oh um okay well I'll come find you.

Y/N: sounds good. see you then

--

I parked in my spot, well I now branded it my spot, in the parking lot and hurried in to the bathroom I discovered late yesterday to check my outfit in the mirror before I had to go to biology class. I looked in the semi distorted mirror to see I looked pretty good. I was wearing my black 1975 fitted tee that showed off my curves, then my tight denim skinny jeans complete with black chucks. My hair was straightened and my make up was on point. I could hear the bell ring as I made it out into the crowded hall with kids parting swiftly as I walked by. Did I have a disease? Why was I so untouchable?

I walked into the classroom to see Lauren sitting in the back talking to some preppy girls. She made a few slight winks to them, but once I got closer her eyes were on me. I sat in my seat and pulled out my rubric. I felt Lauren scoot closer, "Are you trying to seduce me?"
I gave her a confused look, "What?"
"That's my favorite band, Mija. And you look good wearing their name." She winked at me.
"Thanks." I coldly accepted the compliment.
"So, are you excited to be on the new cheerleading team?" Her voice was warm and welcoming.
I shrugged, "I guess."
"You guess? Try outs were in the beginning of the year and tons of beautiful young ladies didn't make it, but you did. And you guess?"
"I'm just tired of the whole cheerleading thing. It's kinda boring now."
"Well, why'd you try out?"
"Parents." I admitted feeling myself become a little comfortable to the bright eyed girl. Still unsure why.
"Well, I'm guessing you're pretty good since you're on the team now. Maybe I'll even go to one of those shitty games to see you perform, or do whatever cheerleaders do." Lauren smiled leaning back in her chair. "Are we still getting together after school, babe?"
"Do you not understand boundries?" I hissed at her.
"Yeah, I understand them. But I like to cross them a lot. And you didn't answer me." She raised her perfectly waxed eyebrow.
"Yeah, I guess. Your house or mine?" I would rather go to her house since mine was full of annoying parents and siblings I had no intentions of having conversations with today.
"Well, I would say my house, but my Ma is having some relatives over from Cuba. So, I kinda don't feel like going home." She smiled scooting closer.
"You're Cuban?"
"Well I'm not white." She joked pulling her phone out of her pocket. "So, did you get that new number, sexy?" I nodded, trying to study my rubric to make sure I knew the requirements of the project. "Can I have it?"
I inhaled deeply knowing that it was probably part of her plan to get me to be like one of the other girls in this school. I snatched her phone from her hand and put in my contact info before handing it back. I know she'll probably just text me to flirt, but I won't be so easily won.

We went over a few things with Mr. Adams about the project before the bell rang to release us. The whole time he spoke, Lauren kept glancing over at me with a huge smile. The only reason why I knew that she was doing that is because I caught her a few times while I was staring out the window trying to get out of my mindset for a little while.

Spanish 2 was a whole different ball park with Lauren. Most of her friends were in that class, so she kind of sheilded herself off to be an annoyance to the class with them. She'd look back every once in a while and send me that beautiful smile, but I tried to keep my distance. Although she was extremely gorgeous, I had a lot on my mind and none of it was directed towards Lauren Jauregui and her flirting tactics.