nineteen

LAUREN'S POV

"Go ahead, babe." Y/N said to me.
I licked my lips and started to speak, "Well, she was new to my school. When she walked into my biology class, I was just stunned. There's something that made everyone turn their heads to her and keep their attention, and I'm not sure why. She was kind of respected even before she sat down, and I liked that. Not to mention, she's drop dead gorgeous." I smiled looking over at y/n who was blushing uncontrollably. "Anyways, she was sat down by me and I have to mention how arrogant I sounded at the time. I mean, I subconsciously flirted with her as soon as she sat down in the seat beside me and she kinda pushed me away. I like to chase girls so it was cute to me."

I got distracted from the story as I let the words spill from my mouth without thinking. I tried to make it the most appropriate story but my real thoughts about her killed me the first day I saw her.

When she walked into my biology class, she automatically had my attention. Usually people have to earn it, but she took it.

Her face, her legs, her stomach, her aura was absolutely head spinning. She made my stomach turn flips with just a glance and I was actually frustrated with myself at the moment because I had never seen someone like her. Nor have I ever reacted to a girl like this.

I turned on my cool and mysterious charm whenever she was sat beside me. She wasn't fazed by it, in fact, she talked back to me which I thought was cute.

Her voice was the hottest thing to me. I started to crave hearing it after a while. It was like a addict after their first hit. I needed more.

She was so sweet. She has something that no one else had. It was like I had fallen for her and I didn't even know her. That was weird for me because I never fall for girls. I fuck them and leave them. At least that's what my reputation is and I never deny it because it's true. I don't mean to be like that but it's just because I've never seen a reason for commitment except for with her. She's the one that could change my world around completely.

I have a problem though. I want to let her into my life more than she is but it's not good. It's not safe for her at all. I don't want to get into details just yet, but I know that if she finds out about who I really am, she'll leave me.

I'm not a good person and I wish I was, but maybe she can make me a good person. Just maybe.

--

I finished telling her Nonna the story of when I first met her and she took over by telling her Nonna how I asked her out. To my surprise, Nonna was actually very accepting and interested by us. It felt good to see what a real family can be like sometimes.

The whole family was sent to bed around 11PM.

All the 'kids and teens' were forced to sleep in the living room. Y/N called the couch and we were told to separate for the night so I had to sleep on the floor by the couch, but I didn't mind.

Y/N went to the bathroom and I started to snuggle up in my sleeping bag. It didn't take long for me to start to fall asleep.

I felt someone nudge me over almost seconds after my eyelids started getting heavy. I turned to see y/n in black nike spandex and a cut off shirt that showed her toned stomach. I automatically opened my eyes in surprise seeing how amazing she looked. I was definitely awake now.

"Babe, come on the couch and lay down." She whispered leaning in close.
I shook my head, "No. Lay here. There's more room."
I pulled the zipper down and patted the empty spot. She smiled and happily got into what I like to call 'the blanket burrito' and zipped it back up.

"Oo, you two aren't supposed to be sleeping together. I'm telling Mom." Grayson mocked.
Y/N looked at her younger brother and snarled, "If you say anything, I'll throw you off of Nonna's balcony." Grayson sighed and got quiet. "That's right. Mind your damn business and go to sleep, worm." Y/N smiled scooting closer to my body.

I smirked and whispered to her, "Why are you so mean to your brothers?"
She put her face close to my chest and cupped her hands behind my back, "You don't see how they tease me when you aren't around. They're the worst."
"That's probably true." I replied.
"How'd you like the first day of meeting my family?" She asked me as her voice got more solemn.
"They were cool. I've never been to a family reunion so it's all new to me." I answered honestly as I pushed a few of her stray hairs out of my face.
"Well, there'll be a lot more here tomorrow. So prepare yourself." She looked up at me with her beautiful and exasperating eyes.
"I'm ready to meet all of them." I smiled to her. We sat in silence for a few seconds to just admire each other. I sighed out and just let it fall from my lips, "I love you, y/n. Really, I do."
It caused her to smile and kiss my jawline, "I love you too, Lauren."
"You promise?"
"Yes, babe. Now go to sleep and dream about me." She smirked pushing her head into my chest to get warm.
"I always do anyways." I retorted feeling her body move as she inhaled and exhaled to relax.

7:48 AM

I heard some shuffling in the kitchen which caused me to wake up in a scared reaction. Y/N was cuddled up next to me and I didn't want to move away and wake her up just because I heard something in the distance.

Until I heard her Mom start talking to her Nonna, that's when I got really nervous that we'd get into trouble. So, no matter how much it pained me to wake her up from her peaceful slumber, I had to. I whispered to her quietly so I wouldn't wake anyone else around us, "Babe, your Mom is up. Go back to the couch. I don't want you to get into trouble."
She groaned and yawned cutely before stretching slightly and pulling away from me to get up, slump over, and get under the covers on the couch. Her spandex was riding up right on her ass and I tried to keep my eyes from looking but there was no point in trying to pretend that she wasn't the sexiest person in the world, even in the morning. She's absolutely breathtaking at any point in the day.

We were woke up at 9 to eat breakfast as a family. It was cool to see them all get in a line like the mess hall at a camp. They were all synchronized. Some more peppy than others but they were still happy to be where they were at the moment and I found that to be amazing.

We were sitting and the table when Ariana came to sit by us with a huge smile on her face. "You'll never guess who's gonna be here today!" Ariana said with an excited expression.
"Everyone?" Y/N sarcastically replied to her cousin which caused me to laugh.
"Wow, you're so much fun in the morning, but no. You gotta guess." Ariana smirked.
"I really don't want to. Just tell me." Y/n whined taking another bite of oatmeal to her mouth.
Ariana sighed out and gave in, "Okay, okay. Since you aren't the best person to talk to in the morning, I'll tell you. It's Uncle Jack."
I looked over to see y/n's facial expression change completely. She was just stiff. It was like she wasn't able to move at all. She looked shocked, worried, and mortified all together.
She quickly changed her expression and went back to her oatmeal, "That's cool."
"Cool? Just cool? He's our favorite Uncle and we haven't seen him since we were little. You were like 7 when you saw him." Ariana said with an excited expression.
Y/N just stirred her oatmeal and stared into the bowl, "Yup, it's been a while."
Ariana groaned, "You're no fun right now. I'm gonna go tell Frankie." She got up from the table and walked into the den to leave y/n and I.

There was something bothering y/n and I wanted to know what it was.

--
A/N:
QUICK QUESTION FOR THE READERS! Would you like to read more Lauren POVs? Tell me! Ok bye, lovelys.
- agf