twenty-seven

LAUREN'S POV

I heard a knock on my door. I looked at the digital clock by my bed. 7:13 AM.
"Go away!" I groaned before noticing that Y/N was resting comfortably beside me. The door opened and Chris ran inside to close the door. "Get the hell out of my room, Chris."
He shook his head and looked super worried, "Mom and Dad are home early."
I shot up on my bed and woke up Y/N. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked up at me with a cute yawn, "What happened?" She looked over to the boy by my door and smiled, "And who are you?"
"She's cute, Lauren." He smirked looking at the girl in the bed.
"Shut up Chris and go downstairs to distract Mom and Dad. Give me like 10 minutes and keep them in the kitchen. Go get Taylor if you need help." I directed my brother before pushing him out of my room. I looked back to my sleepy girlfriend and frowned.

"Babe, I have to take you home like right now. My parents are home early and they will freak if they see a girl in my bed." I said trying to keep my panic level to a minimum.
She nodded respectfully and got up to peel my shirt off and step into her dress. I hurried behind her to zip it up and she grabbed her heels to hold onto them. She seemed like she was gonna be pretty good at sneaking out. With her parents, I'm sure she's done it many times before.

I put on a pair of sweatpants and grabbed my Dad's car keys. I slowly brought the door open to check to see if the coast was clear.

I pulled her into the hall and stood her beside my door before closing it. "Stay here. I'm gonna go down and make sure they're in the kitchen." She nodded with a yawn and I smiled. I slowly crept my body silently down the stairs to see that around the corner, Taylor and Chris were talking to Mom and Dad to keep their attention away from the front door. What good siblings.

I waved Y/N down the stairs and carefully pulled the door open. She ran out the door and I tried to sneak out behind her, but my name was called. Shit.

I nodded to her before closing the front door and slowly slouched to walk into the kitchen, "Dad, I can't really talk. I gotta go pick up my bag from Jay's house. I was doing some Spanish work and accidentally left it."
He smiled, "I'm glad you're finally putting your academics first, Lauren. Even though your grades have never been a problem. It sounds like you're finally turning around for your senior year."
I tried my best to keep from rolling my eyes, "Yeah, sure. Can I go please?"
He nodded happily, "Be back by 5. Your abuelito will be here to visit for the night."
Hearing that made me smile. I love my abuelito more than anything. "Fine I'll see you at 5. I'm taking the El Camino, though." He waved me off and I hurried out the door.

When I closed and locked it, I turned around and I couldn't see Y/N anywhere. She just vanished.
"Babe!" I yelled out.
"Back here!" She replied happily.
I went to the side of my house to see Y/N squatting beside my back gate. She had her hand stuck in between the fence openings.
"I didn't know you had a puppy." She smiled petting him through the gate.
"That's not a puppy. That's my other brother, John. He's really 'special'. We keep him out here because he likes to feel the Miami sun on his hairy body." I answered back with a completely straight face which made Y/N pull her hand out quickly. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I had to laugh. "I'm joking. We just got him. His name is Midnight." I opened the gate slightly before bending down to pick up the tiny, chocolate Lab. "I've been asking for him since forever." I kissed the top of his head and he gave me a quick lick back. "You wanna hold him?"
She stood up with a smile and held out her arms to retrieve the puppy. He automatically started sniffing her and she smiled. I could tell she really liked animals. I wonder why she doesn't have any.
He gave her an appreciative lick on her face causing her to laugh, "Hey, only Lauren can do that."
I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "Shut up, babe. Here gimme him. We have until 5 together."
She smiled and handed me the puppy so I could put it back in the yard before walking to the car.

--

Y/N got her keys out and unlocked the door. We quietly walked in but she didn't keep her voice down for long, "God, my head is killing me."
I kissed the temple of her head and smiled, "That's what happens when you drink, babe."
She threw her keys down on the table by the door and chucked her heels to the side, "I'm kinda hungry, though. You want something?"
She walked through the hallway and I quickly followed behind her, "Depends. Is your family home?"
"Do you think I would be in the kitchen if they were?" She raised her eyebrow to me. God I love when she does that. "Dad is off on a business trip while Mom is being Mom but this time she's with my other Grandma. Not my Nonna. This Grandma is a little 'out-there'. She makes me call her Suzy because Grandma sounds too old."
"How old is she?" I asked sitting on the kitchen counter.
She looked away from the fridge and thought about it for a second before handing me a water bottle, "Seventy almost eighty but she tries to act like she's 20. You have no idea how many times she's tried to get me to smoke weed with her. She's ridiculous."
When she said that, I already had the bottle opened and I was sipping the drink inside. As soon as I heard 'her Grandma tried to get her to smoke weed' I laughed so hard that I spit out the water.
"Fuck babe, my dress." My girlfriend whined with a smirk.
After I stopped dying of laughter, I walked over to her and pulled her in my arms, "I'm sorry, babe. I just tried to picture some old lady giving you weed and I couldn't help it. It's comical."
"What? Me smoking weed?" She furrowed her brows.
I nodded, "That and smoking with your Grandma."
"Shut up, Laur. It's a serious issue." She laughed before walking out into the hallway. I watched as she walked away and was mesmerized. When she looked back, she smirked. "Are you just gonna stay there until 5 or are you gonna come upstairs with me?"
"Don't tell me twice, babe." I took my water bottle and ran after her up the stairs.

We laid in her bed and watched TV for a hour and a half before I heard a yell from downstairs, "Y/N, are you home?!"
"Yeah!" She replied snuggling closer to me and trying to keep her attention towards the TV.
"Come downstairs. Someone is here to see you." Her Mom screeched.
She sighed and got up from the bed to extend my hand out to me, "Come on, babe."
I pouted, "But the show is almost over, can't we just-"
She pulled me out of the bed and turned off the TV with the remote, "Imagine what happens next, babe."

I took her hand and we walked down the stairs side by side.

When we entered the kitchen, Y/N walked over to her Grandma. She didn't look so much like a 70-80 year old Grandma. She looked young. Her hair was gray but very long and laid on her shoulders. She was wearing a black button up and blue jeans.

When her Grandma turned around, her eyes brightened. "There's my baby doll."