twenty-nine

We walked through the door and Lauren pulled me into her house while clutching my hand. We walked into her living room to see multiple people on the couch. People I've never seen.

"Lauren, you made it!" A broad, and dark haired man with a mustache and a beard said to her.
Lauren walked over to the man and gave him a hug, "Hey Dad." Dad. Okay. That's her Dad.
A woman that was sitting next to her Dad crossed her legs and turned towards me. Her face was extremely familiar. I swear I've seen that face before. "And who's this Lauren? I didn't know we were expecting company."
"Mom, I told Dad to tell you that I was bringing someone important over." Lauren scooted back over towards me, "This is Y/N, my girlfriend. I told you about her a few days ago."
"Oh yes." She smiled lifting her face up causing me to recognized her. "This is the girl you were sitting by in your Biology class. Ms. Y/L/N?"
I nodded with a smile, extending my hand, "Yes. Nice to meet you again, Ms. Clara."
She pulled me in a hug and smirked, "I'm just Clara here. And I never really caught your first name."
"Y/N." I replied happily.

--

We sat down at the table and I saw Chris staring me down while he was sitting beside me. I leaned in to whisper, "Why are you looking at me like that?"
He laughed and started to scrape his fork over the plate, "I've just never seen my sister's girlfriends before. It's weird."
"Well, get used to it." I happily replied.

"So, y/n. Tell us a little bit about yourself." Lauren's Dad, Mike, asked me while pulling a spoonful of mashed potatoes into his mouth.
"Um, I'm on the cheer team. I'm a AB student, and I'm a junior." I told him honestly after taking a bite of macaroni and cheese. It was absolutely delicious.
"Lauren, I didn't know you had classes with younger grades." He looked to her.
She visually stiffed up, "You had me take advanced classes for my first few years and this was required as a core class."
He nodded, "Right. Right. I forgot you had to take something other than an AP course. I bet you're happy that you went to biology instead of that stupid Choir class. I mean, can you imagine how much that could wreck your transcript with some silly elective?" He laughed.

Lauren frowned slightly and I gave her a reassuring smile.

I didn't know she could sing. We listen to music together all the time and she's never once belted out a word.

"So, y/n." Clara spoke up. "Where do you live?"
"Do you know that community off the interstate?" I asked her. She nodded, "Well, if you go passed that community to another one there are tons of homes. That's where I live."
"She lives in a huge mansion, Mom." Lauren laughed.
I smiled, "It's not that huge."
"10 bedrooms and two stories isn't huge? What humility." Lauren responded.
"10 bedrooms?" Mike exclaimed. "What does your family do for a living?"
I pulled a bite of food in my mouth and finished chewing before responding, "My Dad owns a lot of businesses and corporations. From Fed Ex to Dunkin Donuts, he owns a piece of it all."
"And what does your Mom do?" Clara asked.
"She's a Mom, I guess. Although she does a lot of networking for my Dad sometimes. She's kind of a 'do-what-is-necessary' person."
Clara smiled calmly, "They both sound wonderful. We'd love to meet them since Lauren has apparently been to your house. You know, just so we know who she's around."
I nodded and took another bite, "That sounds good. I'll tell them to call you as soon as possible to set something up."
Clara seemed respectful of Lauren and I and I enjoyed that. She seemed like she really cared. Mike on the other hand seemed just as respectful with a pinch of judgement.

"So," Clara spoke up. "Do you have any siblings?"
I sighed out, "Yeah, I have two twin brothers."
Taylor oo-ed, "How old are they?"
"10."
She frowned, "Dang it. I was hoping they'd at least be 16." She whined.
Lauren sounded distressed, "Tay, you're only 14."
Taylor smirked to her older sister, "So, what? I can't look?"
Chris spoke to me, "Do you have a sister?"
Lauren groaned, "Chris, stop."
He shrugged, "What? If her sister looks anything like her, I want to show her a real Jauregui fellow."
"Dad, make it stop, please." Lauren whined setting her fork down on her plate.
Mike high-fived Chris and responded, "Lolo, this is just what the Jauregui men are all about. Getting the girls one day at a time. Hell, thats how I got your Mom."
Lauren made a angry glare towards her Dad, "And I think that's where this night is gonna end. Y/N, are you ready to go?"
I nodded with a smile and got up from my chair, "It was great meeting all of you. I'm sure my parents will contact you both ASAP."
Clara smiled and nodded, "It was lovely meeting you other than in a classroom, dear. See you soon."

Lauren pulled me out of the house and pushed her hair back in frustration. "Sorry, they can be a little crazy."
I smirked at her and grabbed her hand to interlock our fingers together, "It's cool babe. At least I know that I'm not the only one with a abnormal family."
"I wish one of us had something normal." Lauren told me while handing me the helmet to put it on my head.
I clicked the straps, "Yeah, but what's the fun in being normal. We're doing good being weird as fuck together."
"You make a good point, babe."

--

We pulled up to the front of my house and I got off the bike. Lauren got off and grabbed my hips to pull me close to her. She wrapped her arms around my waist, and I wrapped my hands around her neck. There was no room for modesty with us. I liked being up close and personal with her.

"Don't forget that I'll meet you at your house around 4 tomorrow." Lauren told me referring to the fact that we were spending the day with my Grandma.
"Are you sure you wanna go? She can be a little crazy sometimes." I admitted feeling Lauren's body move against mine with each inhale and exhale.
Lauren nodded, "It'll be fun. Plus, we're going to the mall and I wanna spoil you. Hell, maybe we'll even go by Victoria's Secret and you can model in some of their lingerie for me."
"You fucking wish." I laughed. "But you aren't spending a dime on me."
"A dime for a dime piece." Lauren responded with that fiendish smirk.
"That was very clever."
"Clever enough to get you everything you desire?" She asked hopeful.
"Let's not get ahead of ourselves."

Lauren stopped the conversation all at once to passionately press her lips to mine and move them. I loved kissing her. The way she did it. It was like her confidence took over her. That dominant side was what chilled my bones. We both had a dominant side to us. I just liked the way she took control. It was beyond sexy.

I lost myself in the kiss for a while until she pulled away with a smile. "I gotta go before my parents have a heart attack now that they know how far your house is."
I frowned, "But you are coming to school tomorrow, right?"
"No one could keep me away as long as I can see your face in Biology and Spanish. By the way, we really gotta do that project or else my ass will be grounded from you." She smiled. God, I love that smile. I can't get enough.
"Good. My ass will look good for you, then." I laughed pecking her lips one more time.
I tried to pull away and she kept me in her clutch, "Your ass better only be for me."
I smiled kissed her cheek, "It will always be for you. Now, leave before your parents have a fit."
She licked her lips and let me go, "Night, babe."