thirty-four

I was in Theatre class when the door opened. It was Dinah. She smirked in my direction while walking to the teacher to hand her a note. Ms. Hughes looked at me, "Y/N, please go with Ms. Dinah to have you escorted to see the principal for a moment."

The principal? What the hell?

I picked up my binder in my arms and my bag strap was placed on my shoulder. I walked over to have Dinah hook our arms together.

We walked out of the room and I looked at the tall girl, "Dinah, what did I do?"
"Shh." She told me without saying another word.
"Dinah, if you don't tell me I'll-"
"Didn't anyone ever tell you that shh means shut the hell up?" She laughed.

We stopped in front of a classroom door and she opened it. When I saw what was inside. My heart stopped. I dropped my binder and bag.

Tons of balloons and flowers were piled down around Lauren. All her classmate's eyes were on me.

She was holding up a sign that said 'I know we're gay, but can I take you straight to PROM?'.

My heart bursted as she spoke up, "Whatddya say?"
I ran over and she sat the sign to the side as she wrapped me in a hug. I pecked her lips and looked at her like she was the only person in the room even though I was mentally aware that there were almost 30 other kids there. "I say 'we're going to prom'."

Everyone cheered and I couldn't help but keep the biggest smile on my face. It wasn't anything too flashy at all. It was just simple and sweet.

--

After school, I was going home to see my Uncle. Yippee. This is probably one of the most stressful events ever.

Lauren is coming by during dinner. She would be coming straight to my house, but her Mom is making her pick up Chris from soccer practice.

I unlocked the front door and walked in to a quiet house. The further I got, the louder it was. The family, including the twins and my Uncle, were in the living room.

The first person to look back was Jack. "Aw, my baby girl!" He said in a happy voice getting up from his seated position to wrap me in an uncomfortable hug. "Come over here." He let me go and grabbed my hand to sit me beside him. "I didn't even get to talk to you at Nonna's house."
"Yeah, what a shame." I tried to sound happy but that's not what I was. I don't trust him. I never will. Never again.
He smiled not noticing my sarcasm, "How was school?"
"Shit." I answered honestly.
"Y/N!" Mom scolded.
Uncle Jack smiled, "School is shit. I'm glad you figured that out."
"It wasn't hard." I laughed trying to seem like the least awkward person in the room. I got back up from the couch with a fake smile, "I'm gonna go put my stuff down in my room."
"Well, hurry back." Mom said as I exited the living room.
"Yeah, yeah."

When I got in my room, I pulled out my phone to text Lauren:

Y/N: please tell me Chris gets out soon :/

Lern: he's probably sucking face w his girlfriend but don't worry. I'll just drop him off at home and speed off to rescue the fair maiden baby ;)

Y/N: I WANT TO BE SUCKING FACE WITH U. FIND THAT CHILD AND PULL THE SUCTION AWAY SO U CAN SEE ME

Lern: he just got in the car and I'm driving now. it'll only be 10 minutes now. I'll be speedy

I decided to change out of my gross clothes and get in some shorts and a short sleeved shirt on to chill in. I usually don't make it a habit of doing multiple costume changes on a daily but the Miami weather is so gross. I can't stand it. I love it sometimes but the humidity is a bitch.