nine

"Holy fuck!" I yelled turning around to see the person who scared me.
A smile was perched on Camila's face, "I'm so sorry." She bit her lip to stifle a laugh.
I nodded and shook my hair off on the towel to get some of the dampness off before stepping outside. "It's cool, Camila. What's up?"
She sat down on the seat beside me and smiled. Her whole tiny body was turned in my direction. Her hazelnut eyes were peering into me as she brushed back her dark brown locks. "I was just wondering if you had a good time tonight?"
I didn't really. I would've much rathered been at home watching Netflix or something along those lines. So, I just lied to spare her feelings, "Yeah. It was good to be back in my comfort zone."
"I'm happy to hear that." Camila said in a husky voice scooting closer to me.
"Thanks." I smiled being oblivious to what could be happening. I grabbed my clothes from the bench and stuffed them into my duffle.
I heard Camila whisper to me, "God, you're beautiful."
I wanted to make sure I heard her right, "What?"
"Nothing." Camila blushed before covering her mouth. "So, can I ask you a serious question?" I nodded listening to her. Her voice rasped a little, "I saw the way you and Lauren were looking at each other out there, and I was just wondering, are you two talking?"
My eyes widened, "I, um, I don't. I don't-"
Camila chuckled, "I won't be mad if you are, I swear. I just wanted to know because- well it's not important. I just want to tell you that if it goes wrong then I'll be here because I know how it felt." Camila was sad and disappointed. I could tell by her eyes.
"Thanks, Camila." I winked at her with a friendly intention, but it caused her to lick her lips.
"Wait! Do you still want to come with us tomorrow to the beach?" She yelled causing me to walk back to her.
I smirked, "I'd love to. Just text me and I'll be there."
Camila brushed her hair to one side of her head, then nodded getting up from the bench.

--

I walked out of the locker room and into the hall of the school to head back out to the field. All of a sudden, a hand beside a locker pulled me and made me hit my back harshly on the metal safes.
It was Lauren. She looked amazing in her black leather jacket, with her dark locks flung to one side of her head. Her lips were dark red and her eyes were smoky causing a drop in the pit of my stomach. "You were amazing out there, babe."
"You had to attack me to tell me that?" I quipped pushing her off of me and grabbing her hand to pull her to come with me.
She pulled me back and laid her arms on my waist to make sure our body's were close enough that our pelvics were touching. Lauren pushed my hair out of my face and put about a 3 inch gap between our faces, "No. I wanted to do this." Lauren softly pressed her lips to mine and pulled away to wink at me.
"That's cute." I joked. I started to walk again, and grab her hand.
"What are you doing?"
"Holding your hand. I told you after the game we would be official. What? Are you getting cold feet?" I teased.
Lauren scrunched up her nose and smiled, "No. I just didn't know if you knew what you were doing since everyone is about to see us."
I smiled, "I hope everyone sees us, Lo."
She interlocked her fingers and pressed her lips to my cheek, "I'm just warning you that I don't really know how to be a girlfriend. All the lovey dovey stuff is going to be a learning process."
I nodded as we exited the building to enter the area of the football field. We walked up the bleachers, and I automatically met eyes with Ariana. She smirked seeing Lauren and I attached to each other.
My Mom got up from her spot on the metal bleacher and reached for me, "You were great out there, baby girl."
I rolled my eyes feeling her squeeze my waist. "Thanks Mom." I had to pretend like I was happy.
Lauren sat down beside Ariana and patted the seat in between her and my cousin. I was pulled on my hand by Joan before I could get to the spot. She pulled me in a hug too and whispered into my ear, "You were great. Oh, and I think you and your girlfriend are cute."
I smirked at her. "Thanks, Auntie Joan."
I plopped down beside Ariana and she pinched my cheek, "My little cousin is growing up. You slayed."
"Shut up and stop patronizing me." I laughed pulling her hand away from my cheek.