eleven

"Wake up, y/n. You're phone is going crazy." Ariana yelled nudging me to the edge of the bed in a cranky tone.
She threw the phone and it landed on my face, "Jesus, Ari. Chill the fuck out."
"Well, answer the damn thing." She rolled her eyes and covered her head up.
"Sure thing princess Ari." I sarcastically replied before accepting the call. "Hello?"
"Did I wake you?" Camila's voice was sweet and calm.
I slightly laughed, "No. It definitely wasn't you who woke me up."
"Shut up and go to the bathroom to talk! I'm sleepy because we stayed up too late last night." Ariana groaned pulling the pillow over her head.
"Who was that?" Camila asked.
I smirked, "Just Crankiana. Late nights aren't her forte at the moment." I got up and went to my bathroom to close the door behind me to listen to Camila. "So, what's up?"
Camila giggled a little, "Ha, Crankiana. That's punny. But I just wanted to ask if you wanted us to come pick you up that way you didn't have to waste gas."
"Um, sure. Who's driving?"
"Ally. She likes to take control of that stuff." Camila told me.
"Yeah, sounds good. What time will y'all be here?" I sat on my bathroom counter and started to swing my legs slightly.
"In about a hour and a half. We like to get there and get this one good spot before someone else finds it."
"Sounds good. I'll be ready by then."
We hung up and I hurried out of the bathroom to quietly exit my room and head down stairs to tell Mom that I'm planning on going to the beach in about a hour.

She was sitting by herself looking over some papers on the table. I sat in the seat beside her, "Where's everyone else?"
She looked up and smiled, "Well, good afternoon to you too. And they all went out for a while. They'll be back in a little bit."
I nodded, "Cool, but Camila just called me to tell me she'll be here with the other girls to take me to the beach in a hour and a half."
"Is Lauren gonna be there?" She smiled at me.
I shook my head, "No. Lauren and those girls aren't really good friends. But yeah."
"They don't? Why not? Lauren seems amazing." My Mom shuffled the papers together.
I rolled my eyes, "I'm not telling you about Drama, Ma. I gotta go get ready."
My Mom yelled to me as I was going up the stairs. "Wear that one outfit that-"
"No! I know what I'm wearing. Will you just grab my my black Richmond towel from the closet please?" I asked.
"Sure thing, baby girl."

--

The girls picked me up about 1 hour later. I was wearing a simple black bikini, then a pair of high waisted shorts, and a Parental Advisory muscle tee over it. My long hair was straightened, and I had a pair of Raybans on top of my head and my black chucks were on my feet.
I entered the nice van to see Notmani and Dinah sitting in the back.
"Damn, girl. Even in chill clothes you look good." Dinah laughed before scooting over to the middle seat.
I shook my head, "You're ridiculous."
I closed the door and we started driving away from my house.
Dinah looked over and saw the cut off of my muscle tee and smirked then slightly yanked on the string of my bikini, "Is that all you're wearing?"
My face turned a dark shade of red, "Really Dinah? It's a beach and this is a bikini. Am I supposed to go naked?"
"I'm sure no one would have a problem with that." Normani giggled in the corner of the van.
I could see Camila clutch her phone tightly hearing Normani's comment but I just brushed it off. Her jealousy was cute but I already told her everything so why should she get mad?

--

Once we got there and made it into the sand, I stripped my chucks off and started to walk barefoot. The feeling of the my feet sinking into the somewhat hot Miami sand was amazing. I haven't been to the beach since I was little and we lived in Cali. It was nice to feel like I was recreating a childhood memory. One of those memories where I was generally happy and I felt like I wasn't being rushed or stressed to do something.
I laid out my towel and put my glasses on before I checked my phone to see a message from Lauren.

Lauren: hey babe. is the beach nice?

Y/N: I guess. I haven't even got to get in the water yet so I'll tell you when I find out