twenty-eight

YOUR POV

"Suzy, I missed you." I replied to my Grandma while she pulled me into a big hug.
When we pulled away, she smiled, "It's been 2 years. I'm so happy I finally get to see my family." Her eyes wandered to the girl in the corner of the room but then back to me. "And who's this lovely lady?"
I almost felt like blushing, "This is Lauren, my girlfriend. Lauren this is Suzy."
Suzy went over and brought Lauren into a big hug which the girl softly melted into. "I've heard about you, Lauren. You better treat my Granddaughter right or there will be consequences."
I walked past the two to go to the fridge and pull out some milk, "Yeah, she'll put a gypsy curse on you."
"Oh, I only do that to people who deserve it." Suzy answered honestly.

My Grandma is basically a fucking gypsy-witch-person. She's always been keen to magic and fortunes. She also tricks people into doing a lot of stupid things. I'm surprised she hasn't been caught. Luckily, she keeps her gypsy lifestyle away from the family as a sign of respect for us. She taught me a few tricks but I never needed to use them. Although, once I used a pickpocketing technique to steal my lunch money back from this idiot in the 7th grade. So, it's somewhat useful.

Mom went by Lauren to give her a reassuring hug, "Don't worry. You won't get cursed. By the way, when did you get here?" Mom sat down at the table and looked towards the girl.
"Only a few minutes ago. After Camila dropped her off, she called me to tell me how the night was and I just decided to come over." Lauren smiled at her own lies. She was actually very believable.
"You two were in that room together?" Mom looked at me with big eyes.
Suzy sat down by her daughter and smacked her arm, "Let them be, Stacy. They're just kids. You and Donald Flaver were doing the exact same thing when you were her age."
"I don't wanna know about this at all." I groaned at the thought of my Mom being like me with any guy at all. Especially since this guy's name was the exact opposite of my Dad's name.
Suzy laughed, "I caught her making out with him in the kitchen and almost beat her ass." She looked over to my Mom, "Do you remember that?"
Mom nodded slightly, "Yeah, you made me run down the street to get away from you. Luckily he had a motorcycle so he got me away pretty quickly."
I groaned, "He had a motorcycle, too? Jesus, can't I have one thing?"
"You ride a motorcycle, Lauren?" Suzy asked the girl beside me. Lauren nodded in reply. "What kind?"
"Harley." She spoke with her rasp peeking out.
"Damn. You're a real rider. That's awesome. Looks like you're pretty hard too." She laughed.
"Suzy, stop. Please. I'm begging you." I said to my grandma pleading for her to not embarrass me.
"I'm just saying she looks like a bad ass." Suzy replied which made me groan. "She's a lot hotter and nicer than your last girlfriend. I could've bitch slapped her so hard and put the biggest curse on her head if you wouldn't have stopped me."
"Can we please not mention her?" I asked almost face palming myself.
Suzy raised her hands in a truce, "Alright, alright. Just know that if I ever see that stupid bitch again, I will post up and smack her in the face with my back hand. All the hos deserve a pimp slap."
"Oh. my. god." I groaned. I grabbed Lauren's hand and pulled her away, "We're leaving."
"Wait!" Suzy yelled making me stop in place. I turned slowly to look at her. "What are you two doing tomorrow?"
"School." I replied honestly.
"After that. Are you two busy?"
"I have practice but I get out early because it's just a quick meeting. Why?" I asked not sure of her intentions.
Suzy walked up and grabbed mine and Lauren's hand, "How would you two like to have a cool day with your G-Ma Suzy?"
"Wow, sounds interesting." I lied not really wanting to be embarrassed by my 'G-Ma'.
"I'll go." Lauren laughed looking at me.
"Fine, we'll go. If you promise to not embarrass me in front of my girlfriend." I negotiated.
"I can't promise you anything. There's no filter on this ol' gypsy's mouth." She laughed.

I grabbed Lauren's hand once more to leave my grandma and mom to themselves in the dining room.

When we made it upstairs, Lauren couldn't help but laugh when the door was finally shut.

"Your Grandma is great." She said covering her smile.
"Shut up, Jauregui. I told you she was bat shit crazy." I laughed crashing down beside her on the bed.
Lauren kissed my lips and looked at me while she pulled her hair back to the side, "She was fine." She pecked my lips again then got back to that previous position, "I thought about it and I want you to meet my family."
"When?" I asked being caught off guard.
"Tonight. My abuelo is coming back to Miami for the first time since my abuela died." She sighed before laying down beside me. I put my head on her chest and laid my hand on her stomach.
"If you don't mind me asking, how did she die?" I breathed out hearing Lauren's heart beat get faster.
"Cancer, but she was a tough one. I don't know how she did it." Lauren admitted brushing her fingers through my hair.
"Can I ask you another question?"
"Mhm." She softly replied.
"Are you afraid of dying? I mean because you deal drugs. There's always that possibility." I said starting to calm down as her fingers raked through my hair.
"No, I'm not. I feel like I've lived my life good. I own my own bike, I have a pretty good family, an amazing girlfriend." That made me blush. "I just don't think there's anything to be afraid of. Yeah, it may hurt like hell but what doesn't? No one lives forever and if they do I'm sure they'd never tell me their secret."
"You're really thoughtful and deep. D'ya know that, Laur?" I replied softly rubbing circles into her toned stomach.
"Thanks, sweets. What about you? Why are you asking this stuff? You aren't planning on dying anytime soon, are you?" She joked still messing with my hair.
"No, I just wondered. Ever since my Grandpa died I just think about what it's like. Is there another world waiting for us? Is religion real because if so I have a gift certificate to hell." I joked causing Lauren to giggle. "But I don't know. I guess since I never got closure with him that this is kind of how I cope with it."
Lauren kissed the top of my head, "Can I ask you a question?" I nodded on her chest. "Why didn't you go say goodbye to him when you got a chance? I mean, your Dad said he tried to get you to come down but you didn't want to. If I had the chance to see my abuela before she died I would've took it."
I softly replied trying to not get worked up, "I couldn't see him like that. In that bed with cords flung everywhere while he was being probed for medicine. He was drugged up 75% of the time. The other 25% was of him being unbelievably sick. He was my favorite person in the world and I didn't want to watch him decay."
"I understand. It's pretty scary to watch someone die." Lauren said with a sad voice.

--

Lauren and I left to her house around 4:45. She called to tell her Mom to set another spot on the table because she had 'someone important coming'. I don't feel too important. In fact, I feel extremely nervous and stressed.

I got off of her bike and she grabbed my hand to squeeze it. I know she could tell I was unsettled.

She pulled my hand up to her mouth to softly peck the outside of it. "Don't worry, babe. My family is cool sometimes. Just be ready for hell if it comes." Lauren smirked.
"That's not helping, babe." I whined.

--

A/N:

This story should only last about 10 more chapters at the most. Maybe 15 if we're all lucky. Hope you enjoyed this. Thank you for reading it and getting it to 1K votes. That's crazy.
-agf