twenty-six

We both turned our bodies to give the drunk girl our attention. It was Camila.

"Aw Camzie, I was just gonna borrow her for the night." Lauren pouted towards the smaller girl.
"Mila, where the hell are you?" Dinah yelled coming from inside the house. "Oh, hey." She said sipping her cup. "Let's go inside, girl."
Camila shook her head, "No. We gotta get Y/N back in here."
Dinah looked over towards us and smiled, "Camila, she'll see us at school. Let's go."
Camila protested by crossing her arms, "No. I don't think I'm leaving until I know she's safe."
Dinah grabbed Camila by her waist and smiled back at Lauren and I, "You two have a good night. I'll take her inside."
She struggled but finally got Camila inside.
It was only two seconds before Dinah popped her head back outside the door, "Jauregui, you better be careful with her. Do you hear me?" Lauren nodded with a smile as Dinah finally closed the front door.

I turned to Lauren with a smile on my face, "I guess I'm yours for the night, Lo." I gave her a innocent kiss on the cheek. Then the thought came back into my mind, "What about your parents?"
She kissed my forehead and smiled, "They're gonna be out for the weekend. Something about work and junk." She pulled away and started walking towards the familiar El Camino we've been in before. She opened the passanger side and let me in before closing the door.

When we were on our way to the house, Lauren took her hand off of the steering wheel to grab mine and kiss it. I looked into her shining eyes and smiled. She slightly glanced over at me and smirked a little in reply.

"My brother and sister are at the house tonight, though." She randomly admitted over the HAIM song that was playing at a dull roar. "But they shouldn't be a problem. The most they'll do is ask you questions, but they don't snitch on me. They know better."
"Okay, sounds good." I mumbled happily.

She got out of the car to help me. Her arm was wrapped around my waist to keep me from stumbling idiotically. When we got inside, she picked me up bridal style and began to carry me up the stairs.

I heard a door shut from down stairs, but I didn't think much of it.

"Lo, who the hell is that?" A boy asked with a mischievous smile on his face.
Lauren looked back with a death glare, "Don't worry about it, Chris. Go make out with your girlfriend, and leave me alone for the night."
He sighed, "I just wanted to know who it was. Damn."

"Who was that?" I asked with a smile.
She sent one back, "My little brother."

Lauren pushed her bedroom door open with her foot and saw the light was on. Lauren's face was priceless, "Taylor, what are you doing in my room?"
I looked over to see a younger version of Lauren sitting on the bed. Although, she was physically different than Lauren, she had this Jauregui essence about her. "I was waiting for you to come home. There's an emergency. Who's she?"
"Get off my bed and go to your room, Tay. I just want to chill tonight." Lauren groaned walking towards the bed. She carefully set me down beside Taylor.
The girl looked at me with a warm smile and extended her hand, "I'm Taylor and you are?"
"Leaving." Lauren groaned.
I met her hand and smiled back, "Y/N. Nice to meet you Taylor."
"Now that we've all met each other you can leave. I'm not trying to be mean, Tay. I just want to be alone." Lauren told the girl beside me.
Taylor got up and nodded, "Okay, I'll tell you about it in the morning. You are making bacon and eggs, right?"
"Get out!" Lauren demanded.
Taylor looked back with a mischievous smile, "Can't wait to see you in the morning, y/n." She walked over to plant a soft peck on her sister's cheek, "Night, Lern."

Lauren slammed the door as soon as Taylor was out of the room.
"Lern?" I asked in a joking voice.
She gave me a sarcastic glare, "Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up. We both have annoying siblings."
I got up from the bed and smiled, "You got that right, Jauregui." I stretched a little, "Can I borrow some clothes, though? This outfit was all for you but I'm tired of it now."
She smirked before looking in her drawer to grab a long shirt that would probably go down mid-thigh on me. She walked up to me with that smirk and pressed her lips to mine, "You look great, babe."
I retrieved the shirt and winked, "Thanks, Sweets."

"Will you unzip me, Lo?" I whined feeling frustrated that I was too drunk to even start to find the zipper.
Lauren slipped off her jacket and shirt before leaving the drawer once more to get to me. Her nimble fingers slowly grazed over the fabric to find the zipper. She slowly pulled it down and gave me some amazing chills. Her hot breath hit the back of my neck when she spoke to me, "There you go, baby."
I slipped the dress off to reveal that I only had panties on underneath. I mean, why wear a bra with this kind of dress? I hurried to slip on the long shirt and turned around to see Lauren in a daze. Her top teeth were biting her bottom lip so hard that I thought she would start bleeding. After a few seconds of daydreaming, she broke out of her spell. "Sorry." She giggled pulling a shirt over her head.
"Nonsense. If you weren't looking, I'd be worried." I smiled to assure her she was alright.

I crawled into Lauren's bed to get underneath the covers and snuggle up in the warmth. Lauren pulled her sheets back and crawled in to get close to me. I nuzzled my face into her neck and stayed there for a second until my lips were pressed against her soft skin.
"Stop, babe. You're drunk." She smiled feeling the soft tickle of my breath on her.
"And you're beautiful. Then when I wake up in the morning, I'll be sober and you'll still be beautiful." I replied confidently before pressing my lips to her skin once more.
Her nose scrunched and a happy expression emerged from her face, "How do you do that?"
"Do what?" I queried looking up at my admirable girlfriend.
"Just say the sweetest things to me? It's like they're sincere." Her tone was happier when we were alone and I just noticed that.
"It's because they are. I think you're pretty cool, Jauregui. I just think that a lot of people don't mention it to you enough." I admitted grabbing her hand and holding it underneath the covers.
Lauren kissed my forehead and looked deep into my eyes almost causing me to become hypnotized, "I knew I did a good job."
"At what?"
"Making you my first real girlfriend. It was worth the wait and passing up all the other girls who wanted me. I think I'm really, truly happy when I'm with you, babe." Her voice rasped a little but her eyes never left mine.
"I'm glad you picked me, too. Thank God you didn't stop hitting on me when I asked you to." I joked causing her to giggle slightly.
"I wouldn't have stopped no matter what, kid. By the way, has anyone told you that you look hella sexy in my clothes?"
I pecked her lips, "Only you, Jauregui."
"Good, I wanna keep it that way."

I pushed my hair back out of my face and looked to her, "Can I ask you a question, Lauren?" She nodded. "What's so bad about, Austin?"
Lauren physically got tense but her facial expression didn't change, "Why are you asking, sweetie?"
I shrugged and bit my lip trying to think of the correct words to say, "Well, the girls don't like him. I guess because Camila is constantly harassed by him and his dates. Then there's you. I didn't even know you two knew each other until he told me."
Her eyes widened slightly, "What exactly did he say?"
"He just said that you two had been friends for a while. Then he congratulated me on getting you to settle down or something. He didn't seem too bad." I admitted trying to study Lauren's face, but she was like blank page.
"That's because he's not bad. Well, not all the time." She sighed out.
"Well then, why did you call him trash?" I asked innocently trying to understand this crazy school and its drama.
"'Cause no matter how good he is, he's trash. There are a lot of things that him and I don't agree on. Sure, he was a good friend to me, but he fucked me over a couple of times. More than what was needed." She sounded more stern and upset thinking about the topic.
"I'm sorry, Lauren. I didn't mean to-"
Lauren quickly pressed her lips to mine and softly moved them before pulling away to look at me, "Its fine, babe. You just wanted to know. I understand. Do you wanna watch a movie while we fall asleep?" I nodded and she got out of the bed to grab the TV remote and then laid back down beside me.

She slowly clicked onto Netflix and flicked through many movie titles until we found a movie we both enjoyed.

I nuzzled my body into hers and quickly began to feel my eyelids get heavy. The last thing I remember is Lauren kissing the top of my head.