thirty

"Okay, we'll be out of here in a second if you guys will just listen." Leslie told us, quieting down the group of cheerleaders around her. "I have some big news and I'm excited to tell you all about it."
"You're always excited." Normani whispered to the girls and I making us laugh.

It's not like we hate Leslie. We just don't like her. She's too peppy.

"I got a call last night from Coach Carson and she told me that we have done so well in district that we passed into Nationals."
"We're going to nationals?!" Camila screamed.
Everyone began to freak out.

Usually, you have to compete in many different competitions before you're passed into nationals. There are only a handful of groups that are pushed through completely so this is amazing.

Leslie spoke up to stop the excited murmuring, "Okay, okay. So, there's no practice today as a reward but we start regular schedules again on Friday before the football game. Get your heads in the zone, girls. We're gonna win those jackets."

--

I drove up to my house to see Lauren's motorcycle already sitting out front. I ran to the front door to open it and go to the kitchen. "Mom!"
She was standing in the kitchen with Suzy, and Lauren. "What the hell is wrong with you? You know better than to run in this house."
I caught my breath, "Mom you don't understand. We're going to nationals."
"What?! Slow down." She said coming closer to me while Lauren and Suzy trailed behind.
"Did you not fucking hear me?! The cheer team got pushed through completely. We are going to nationals." I was a little excited. Even though I hate cheering, the rush of my competitiveness is enough to make me excited.
Mom wrapped me in a hug and rocked me back and forth, "I knew this would happen. You're gonna win your second national championship. Oh my god!" She exclaimed, "What will you wear?"
"Mom, I have uniforms." I laughed.
She shook her head, "No, I mean outside of the competition. You'll be in Cali. Oh my God, we can make this a family vacation. Go and visit some old friends. Maybe even see your uncle."
Suzy spoke up, "Bobby isn't in Cali anymore." She was referring to her son, aka my uncle.
"Why not?" Mom asked.
Suzy shrugged, "He said he wanted to travel abroad in Europe for a few years. God forbid he find a wife and settle down for once."
"Well damn. We can still have a family vacation." Mom told me. She walked over to her purse and grabbed her wallet. She pulled out the gold master card with a flick of the wrist and smiled, "Take this and buy yourself some good clothes. Nothing tacky. And don't go over $400 or your Dad will kill me."
I grabbed it from her hand and smiled, "No worries, Mama. $401 is my limit."

--

Suzy, Lauren, and I walked in a row. Lauren grabbed my hand and kept as near to me as she could.

"I kinda wanna go to Macy's down the way, Y/N. You and Lauren can go off for a while then we'll meet at the food court around 6. Sound good?" Suzy told me.
"You're gonna spend over an hour in Macy's?" I asked flabbergasted.
She nodded happily, "Well, yeah. It's Macy's."

Suzy began to walk away and Lauren tugged on my belt loop to get me closer so she could rest her arm on my hip.
"So, Victoria's Secret?" Lauren smirked.
I couldn't help but smile at her eagerness, "That's the only reason you came, huh?"
"Well, not the only reason. But it's a nice one." She replied as we began to walk on the marble floor.
"So, are you excited for Nationals?" Lauren asked fiddling with my belt loop which made me have goose bumps.
"Kinda. I like competing but I hate the whole process of glam and that shit. I grew up in a cheer uniform and I feel like I'll die in a cheer uniform."
"You want me to come to see you in Nationals?"
"You wouldn't fly all the way out to Cali to see me cheer. It's a waste of time." I laughed as we walked into Victoria's Secret.
We circled around the table with articles of clothing strung out on it. "What makes you say that? I'd love to go to Cali with you. And trust me. I will make it the best vacation ever."
"Well," I smirked, "It is during Spring a Break."
"Exactly. And I have the money. There's no doubt about that."

She was referring to the money she earned dealing.

I nodded, "Yep." I tried to pretend like it didn't bother me. I just was worried every time she went to deal nowadays. Sometimes, addicts will do crazy stuff to keep their high and I don't want something bad to happen to her.

"Babe, I'm alright. Stop freaking." Lauren put her hand on the small of my back.
"You're right. I'm just being dumb." I smiled up to her.
"You're just protective. Not dumb. But I know what I'm doing. I promise."
Her confidence caused me to just decide to trust her even though I'm worried out of my mind. I love her.

Lauren picked up laced panties and smirked at me, "Lets get these."
"For you? Okay. I'm sure I'd like to see you in those." I smiled to her.
"Well, of course I'll get some for myself but we're definitely getting you a lot. I brought my card which means I'm willing to spend $500 on you. I have enough to go around. Hell, as long as I'm in high school and don't have to pay rent, I'll buy you whatever."
"Babe, I have a card from my Mom."
"Yeah, but I'm sure it'll be weird for them to see hundreds of dollars spent at Victoria's Secret. Don't you think? I mean, we'll go other places but this is what I came here for. I like to discover you body and I wanna see some stuff that you and I will both like." Lauren got behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist to nuzzle her face into my neck. She placed soft kisses and nibbles down on my skin causing me to giggle lightly.

"Can I help you two with anything?" The happy worker asked us.
Lauren smiled, "Yeah. She's gonna need a dressing room soon."
The lady smiled towards us approvingly, "Of course. Just around the corner in the back of our department." The lady left us to ourselves and looked back to Lauren.
"We aren't having sex in a dressing room."
"How'd you know that was my plan?"
"Cause I'd do the same with you." I told her honestly.
"Can you blame me, though? I've been pretty frustrated lately since we haven't got much time alone."
I groaned, "I know. But my family will be gone on a trip down to New York soon. I'll be having classes, but I'll have the home alone for a week."
Lauren's eyes brightened up, "When exactly is this?"
"After spring break. She told me before hand a few weeks ago so I can make a plan and I won't be surprised when they just don't come home."
"You wanna play house?" Lauren asked in a husky voice.
"I was planning on doing that anyways." I replied with a seductive voice.

--

A/N:

this is a short chapter but it's only because I'm starting to do daily updates for this story as it comes to a close. be prepared. I'm gonna send you through hell soon. ilysm & dont forget to keep an opened mind xx- agf