thirty-two

I shifted in my sleep to see myself face to face with Lauren. She fluttered those eyelashes open and smiled, "Good morning, babe."
Then it hit me. Oh shit. It's morning. "Oh my God."
I pulled away and looked at my phone on the side table. 5:03. Fuck.
Lauren wrapped herself in the bed sheets and sat up, "It's only an hour later than you were gonna leave. Don't trip, babe."
I ran over to hurry and grab my dirty clothes and slip them back on. "Mani set her alarm for 5. She's up. Which means if I don't get into that room soon, she'll call Camila and they'll make it a game to find me."
Lauren's eyes widened. If any of the girls found out I was with her, she'd never hear the end of it when we go to Disneyland together. "Oh fuck."
I walked over and placed a quick peck on her lips, "Thank you for tonight but I gotta go. See you at the competition. Remember to be there by 1. That's when our division performs."
"I won't miss it for the world." Lauren smirked.

--

I slid my card on the handle and the light turned green. As quietly as I could, I opened the door and hurried in to get inside.

I tip toed passed the closed bathroom door. I'm sure she didn't notice I was gone. She probably just woke up and went to the bathroom. I did my best to slip into the bed when I heard her from behind me.
"Did you have a good time with Lauren?" She happily said.
"How'd you know?" I looked at her with a smile.
"Well, I wasn't asleep when you left. I saw you get some extra clothes, girl. You ain't slick." She said, crossing her arms. "I bet you had a freaky ass time. I can tell by that hickey."
My eyes widened, "Oh fuck."
Mani snickered, "I'm joking. She did good not to make you so bruised before a competition. I on the other hand would've went over board with some hickeys on that body, to be honest."
"Mani." I groaned hearing her comment. It's a compliment from her.
"I know, I know. I'll stop. I just think honesty is the best policy."

--

DAY 3: DISNEYLAND

We did amazing on the first rounds and we were pushed through to the next. After performing our second set, we all piled on a bus and took a trip towards Disneyland. One of the happiest places on Earth.

But it was gonna be great. Lauren and the girls decided to put aside their petty differences and hang out together for the sake of me. They've all learned to care about me and know that I want my girlfriend to be able to be friends with my best friends. I've grown so close to all five girls that I don't wanna have them pull me two different directions because of their past.

I got out of the bus and heard a whistle from behind. Well, actually a cat call. I turned my head to see the idiot who was flirting with me. Little did I know, it was my idiot.

Lauren walked up to peck my lips. "Miss me?"
I kissed her back, "Like I miss homework. So not at all."
She smiled, "You can't deny it, but that's okay. I like when you play hard to get."

"No PDA, you two. If you suck face this whole day, we will run a wall in between both of you." Ally laughed pulling me and Lauren into the group.
"Yeah. Y'all got enough action the first night we dropped into Cali." Normani laughed.
"Gone for 5 full hours. Wow." Camila laughed.

Camila has decided to push her feelings for Lauren away for me. She told me that she sees how happy I am when I'm with her and has no need to get in between us. I told her I respected her so much because of that.

We walked around Disneyland for a while until we stopped over by my favorite Disney Princess. Belle. I love her because she's not afraid to do things that women didn't usually do, like read. And she believed in love within. Her prince was a beast. That's beauty within itself. I feel like we should all learn to love a persons inner beauty before the outer. I almost fangirled because even though they're paid to pretend to be a princess, it's still serendipitous.

"I wanna pic with Belle." I exclaimed looking over at the brunette who was bending down to take a pic with a small child.
"Are you trying to make me jealous? 'Cause if so, it's working." Lauren joked.
I smiled, "No. I just love Belle. I always have. Oh my god. I'm like a kid in a candy store."
Camila pushed me, "Go get a pic and stop being a little baby."
I breathed out slowly and slowly crept towards the actress.
"Jesus, you'd think she was meeting Beyoncé." Normani laughed while sucking on a tootsie pop.

I walked up with my head held high and back arched. "Hi, can I get a picture with you?"
Her face was flawless. If Belle was a real person, she'd definitely look like her. It's uncanny. Her smile said it all, "Of course. I'd want nothing more."
We did a smiling pose and then I looked at her, "Do a silly one now."
She smirked and threw up the 'west side sign' and I followed her lead.
"Thank you so much." I gushed.
Her smile only grew, "No problem, beautiful."

"Aaaaaand it's time to go." Lauren said grabbing me by my waist and flipping me over on her shoulder to carry me away.
"Great meeting you." I said as I was forcibly dragged away from my favorite Disney Princess.

The rest of the day was magical, but what was even more exciting was what was happening tonight. We got the chance to see the World of Color.

It's basically just lights and water but it's all Lauren has been talking about. She says she wants to take me on a date there as we sit back and watch the water fly into the air.

As the sky grew darker, Lauren pulled me away from the girls to take me to the area where the event would happen. We got a pretty good spot at the front.

Lauren stood behind me and wrapped her arms around my hips. We had to stand because benches are only for handicapable people, but I didn't mind. I was in Lauren's arms.

The music started and the water began to lift. Images from movies projected onto the water as the music filled the air. She was right. It was magical. I looked up to see Lauren's mouth slightly agape. She was so into the show. It made me happy. She was losing herself. She does that a lot. When Lauren really gets into something, she puts her whole self into it and that's so fucking sexy. Her passion is what keeps me happy.

Lights of red and blues flashed in the waters in front of us. I was mesmerized. All in all, it was absolutely amazing and well organized. I was so happy I got to spend it with Lauren.

DAY 5: FINALS

We made it to the end and we were waiting for the ceremony to begin to tell us if we won or lost. All hands were joined as the host opened the ballot. It wasn't until we heard the School's name that we flipped shit and jumped up and down. We won. Our hearts were heavy and happy as we held up the national's trophy in the air. Being the envy of the crowd. It was successful. I've won my second national's jacket and I couldn't be happier. Maybe I am good at something.

We walked off the mat, and Lauren picked me up in a hug, "Babe. You were amazing up there. I'm so happy for you."
I pressed my lips to hers and smiled down at her, "Thanks, babe. That means a lot to me."
"Anything for you, my love." She smirked pressing her lips to mine once more.

"Okay, love birds." Ally laughed. "Let's go celebrate."
"Fuck yes." I smiled.

Life couldn't be better, but that brought a horrible thought to my mind. How long could it stay this way? What goes up, must come down. Right?