thirteen

It's been 4 days since Lauren has come to school. She texts me constantly to assure me that it has nothing to do with me, and that she will be back soon, but it hasn't happened.

I woke up this morning and had to wear my uniform because there's an away game tonight. Which means I have to ride a bus with 20 other cheerleaders, and a bunch of sweaty football players.

Lauren texted me.

Lauren: Hey baby girl. I know you're gonna hate seeing this but I won't be coming today either. My mom is on my ass about some things, but do you wanna hang out tonight?

Y/N: I'm tired of you missing school. Can't you lose credits? & U know I have to go to game tonight

Lauren: no I won't lose them. trust me & ok I'll come see you then afterwards you can come to my house. the family will be out all weekend & I want you to come over. maybe we won't be interrupted there ;)

Y/N: I would love to but it's an away game babe

Lauren: Away? Where?

Y/N: Roosevelt High School

Lauren: ;) don't undermine my abilities. what time would it be if I got the chance to go?

Y/N: the game starts at 8

Lauren: kay cutie. get all sexy for school and I'll be contemplating the event. :*

Y/N: if only that was a real kiss since I haven't got one of those in almost 50 years :/

Lauren: soon babe

--

The bell rang to release me to lunch, and I met up with the girls at our table. It's cool to say 'our' because I feel like I've officially been inducted into this group. They are so protective and caring about me already. It's something I've always wanted to have with friends, and now I've got it.

I sat my bag down on the ground and crashed down on my seat on accident. I giggled, "Shit. I'm a klutz."
I looked up to only see Ally watching and trying to stifle her laughter at what she just witnessed. "You saw nothing." I jokingly warned her causing her to laugh a little.
"What happened?" Dinah said taking in a piece of her salad.
I shook my head, "Nothing. It was a one time thing."
"I'm sorry. I'm kinda out of it." Dinah laughed sadly.
I rubbed her back with my hand to comfort her, "I could tell, but whatever it is I hope it gets better."
Dinah smirked and leaned her head on my shoulder, "Thanks, Mama."
I nodded and she pulled away.
"Why does Austin keep texting me? I'm so annoyed." Camila said finally breaking her trance to her phone and putting it on the table.
"Dorito boy keeps texting you? Ew." Normani laughed
Camila sadly nodded, "Yeah. I'm about to change my number. That's how bad it is."
"Who's Dorito boy?" I asked taking a bite of the salad in front of me. God, I hate salad.
Camila stretched out her muscles and spoke to me, "The quarterback and arrogant asshole of the football team. I've told him no when he's asked me out several times, and he's just a persistent kid."
I looked at her weirdly, "That's not persistence. That's harassment."
"She's right, Chancho. If he keeps doing this I'll have to put the Poly beat down on 'em. Bay Area bitches don't play around." Dinah said pointing her fork towards Camila.
And on that note, the bell to end lunch rang.

--

The bus ride wasn't too long, to be honest. It was actually quite calming for us cheerleaders. In the end, we got to take a separate bus from the football players, thank God.

We went straight to our assigned locker room to change into our uniforms before heading outside. As always, I'm the last one in and the last one out. So when I left the locker room, a male figure was standing in the hallway leaning against the wall. He was almost 6 foot with dark brown hair, and hazel eyes. Not my cup of tea, but he's a pretty boy. He was decked out in our school's football gear, so I knew I shouldn't be worried that some lowlife is stalking me. Should I?

He stepped on his heels and stopped me. "Hey, is Camila in there?"
I shook my head, "Um, no. She's out there with the rest of the girls."
He frowned, "Oh ok." I nodded and started walking before he yelled, "Wait!"
I looked back awkwardly, "Yeah?"
His smile expanded, "What's your name? I didn't know you were a part of the team."
I sent him back a friendly smile, "Y/N."
The boyishly handsome guy extended his hand, "Nice to meet you, I'm Austin."
Austin? Where have I recently heard that name before? I met his hand and shook it lightly, "Nice to meet you."
He half-smiled, "The pleasure is all mine."

I started to stroll down the hall and I noticed the guy was now trailing beside me. "So, are you the famous y/n who finally got Jauregui to settle down?"
I shrugged, "I guess. Although, she's the one who got me to settle down, to be hoenst."
We made it to the field doors and walked out. Coach Carlson, the football coach, yelled to the guy beside me, "Mahone. Get the hell over here now."
Austin waved him off, "I gotta go, y/n, but I'll see you around."
I nodded and turned away from him to walk towards the cheerleaders in the corner of the visitor's side of the field.

I walked behind the bleachers to be pulled in by a strong force. They put their hand over my mouth and their arm around my waist to pull me into the darkness. I was so scared that my pulse was racing faster and faster by each passing second. The person turned me to face them and a rush of relief swept over me. "I'll never get tired of seeing you in that skirt and those spandex." She husked.
I smacked her arm playfully, "Fuck you, Lauren. You scared me."
She smiled, "That was the plan, babe."
"What are you doing here?" I asked melting into her arms.
She pressed the lower parts of our body's closer. "I wanna support you. Plus, I'm taking you to my house after this. Can you please stay the night?"
I smiled, "I'll ask my Dad after the game."
Lauren nodded, "Good."
Out of nowhere, she pushed out her lips and pressed them to mine. The kiss was already intense which caused me to moan in her mouth feeling something deep inside of me try to break out. Lauren pulled away a little and tugged my bottom lip, then smiled. "That's a preview of tonight. Now go over with your little girls and do some flips for me."
I shook my head, "Whatever you say, Jauregui."

--

After the game, Lauren rushed me to the parking lot.
I got out of my uniform and into some booty shorts and a cut off tee then met the dark haired girl who was leaning on a black El Camino and scrolling on her phone.
"Where's your motorcycle, babe?" I asked her as I got closer to chuck my bags into the bed of the vehicle.
She smiled and put her phone into her pocket, "You said you didn't wanna ride my bike with your bag so I took my Dad's old car. Are you gonna ask to spend the night?"
I nodded, "Yeah. I'll call my Dad."

We walked to the other side of the car and Lauren opened the passanger side for me to let me get in before closing it behind me. She's so sweet.

I pulled out my phone and called my Dad. It took about 15 seconds, but he finally answered. "Y/N, I'm busy. Can I call you later?"
I bit my lip to try to mask the anger inside of me. Work, work, work. "This won't take long. Can I spend the night at Lauren's?"
"Have you asked your mother?" He blurted out without thinking.
"No. You're both my parents who can make decisions for themselves." I used my bitchiness to annoy him.
He groaned, "Fine, but I'll just tell your Mom you're with a friend. You're on your own if you get caught."
"Deal." I agreed. My Dad is a mischievous mother fucker.

I hung up the phone and Lauren grabbed my hand to pull it to her lips and softly press them to the back of my hand.
She looked at me quickly, then smiled. "You're mine for the night."

--

We got to her house and I quickly shuffled into the quaint building. It was 2-story's high, basically a modern house that you'd see on TV. Nothing to big or too little. It felt homey, and not too overdone. Lauren closed the door behind her and wrapped her arms around my waist to press herself to my back. She nuzzled her head into my neck and started talking, "It's nothing like your house, but I hope that's ok."
I put my hands over hers, "It's great, Lo."