seven

After dinner, Lauren had to leave and Ariana automatically called dibs on my room to sleep in so she could gossip with me. Once everyone started to head to bed, Ariana pulled me away to have us get ready for bed so she could talk to me.
I got into my booty shorts and cut off gym shirt to find her already snuggled up in the covers. "Get off my side of the bed, Ari." I yelled and she whined before moving to the left side of the bed.
She looked at me with big eyes once I got under the covers, "So tell me everything about her."
I shrugged, "I Have no idea what you're talking about."
"Please don't keep this from me. I want to know more about my favorite cousin because I haven't got to be in contact with her for 2 years." She cried pulling on my arm.
"That's your fault."
She pouted, "You know what I mean. Just stop being so stubborn and I'll tell you who I'm dating."
"Everyone and their mother knows you're dating Sean, Ari." I laughed.
"Just tell me. She's a cutie pie." Ariana smirked.
I sighed giving up as her brown eyes got bigger, "Fine. Okay, so I met her on my first day and we were paired up as project partners. At first I kinda didn't like her. I mean she's arrogant, cocky, too flirty, bitchy. And one of the girls on my team told me that she could get any girl she wants and uses that to her advantage. So, yesterday we were working on our project together and the more I spent time with her, the more I figured out she's more than what her reputation upholds her to be. I mean she just laughs when I'm a bitch to her. Jen hated my bitchiness."
"Fuck her. I hated her." Ariana smiled. "Let's keep talking about Lauren. She seems pretty cool. Have you two, Ya know?..." Ariana licked her lips and giggled at her idiotic innuendo.
I shook my head, "No, but our first kiss was yesterday. Quite unexpected actually. Mom walked in like 4 milliseconds into it."
"Oh my God, I would've loved to have seen that awkward mess of a moment." Ariana giggled putting her hand over her mouth.
"Oh shut up." I smiled. "Go to sleep. I have practice tomorrow."
Ariana smiled, "Im staying for 4 days so you better believe I'm coming to the game Friday."
My eyes got big, "You know I'd love to have you there, but that's really not necessary. I don't want you to get bombarded by fans."
She shrugged, "Fans are fans. But you, are family which means you come first. I want you to be able to see me perform and support me so that's what I'm doing for you. I missed you."
I felt my eyes getting heavier listening to her soothing voice, "I missed you too, but go to sleep and we will talk about this tomorrow morning."

--

"Why do you seem so gone today, Mija?" Ally asked placing her hand on my arm.
I looked over at her breaking my day dream about Lauren, "Oh. I'm just thinking. Sometimes I do that. Sorry."
When I looked back up from Ally I saw Normani at the end of the table basically undressing me with her eyes and licking her lips as she was doing it. I bit my lip and looked down to see my phone start vibrating. Camila looked down and saw the pic of Ariana flash on the screen. "Woah, someone's a fangirl."
I laughed, "You have no idea."
I accepted the call, "What's up, buttercup?" Her and I used to say that to each other a lot when we were little so it was an ongoing joke for us.
"What time is your practice?" She asked in kind of a stressed voice.
"I think right after school at 3, but why?" I had to press on my other ear to hear her through the loud noise of the school.
She sighed, "I'm coming to watch you. Sean and I are fighting and I need to do something to get my mind off of it."
"Fuck that. Go to the beach, but don't come here." I ordered.
"Why not? Are you ashamed of me?" She joked.
"Ari, you know why I don't want you here." I looked up noticing I just said her name out loud. All four of the girls were staring at me intently. "Oh my god. I meant- you know what I meant."
"Did you just say my name? Is there a lot of people around? Don't get your phone stolen again. Jesus." Ariana laughed not understanding how upset I was at myself.
I shook my head, "God, ohkay. Well, if you really wanna come. That's cool. Just don't be...don't be helpless. Okay?"
She made a pfft sound to me, "When have I ever been helpless?"
"Yeah, yeah. I gotta go the bell will be ringing soon. Bye." I regrettably hung up the phone and smiled at the girls who's mouths were dropped.

"You know Ariana Grande?" Dinah asked putting her arm on my hand in excitement.
I shrugged, "I guess you could say that."
"How? She's great." Camila said licking her lips.
"Um well my Dad's last name
before his uncle adopted him was Grande. Her Mom is my Dad's sister. But she's older than him so when he was still living with my grandparents, he got the new last name 'y/l/n' because he got kicked out of my Nonnas house and sent to live with him." I admitted.
"So, you're saying she's your cousin?" Camila sounded eager.
"That's the simplified version, I guess. Just please don't tell anyone. I really don't need any fake friends again." Last time was enough.
Normani smirked at me, "At least I know where you get your good looks from. Damn, your whole family is probably sexy."
"Mani! Remember what we talked about." Camila pouted causing Normani to sigh and pick up her plate to walk away.
I was confused as to what they would be talking about but decided it was none of my business. Ally looked at me with a smile, "We won't say anything, but that's really cool to know that you're related to a celebrity."
I shrugged, "It has its disadvantages."

--

The bell rang and I saw Normani standing in the hall by the choir door waiting to go in. She looked a little upset so I decided to walk up to her, "You okay, Mani?"
She bit her lip and stared me down, "Yeah I'm okay. I just have to keep my distance."
"Why?" I asked confused about the whole topic.
The door opened with the teacher standing beside it, "Good afternoon, Normani." The man said.
She smirked at me then walked around, "I'll see you later, baby girl." A few people followed behind her to enter the classroom. I sighed and decided it was way too much effort to even care about now.

--

Practice was just about over and I hadn't seen hide nor hair of Ariana. Which was good I guess. We all got into a huddle to talk and it was completely silent once we finished going over how practice was and everything, yadayadayada, until the gym doors flew open and Ariana walked in with Joan and my Mom.
I looked up and rolled my eyes once I heard almost 25/45 fangirls inhale in excitement. I ran to Ariana and stepped in front of her before the other girls could claw their way to her. Leaving me with a few scratches, "Back up, you guys!" I yelled.
They all pulled away and pushed down their outfits. I was so annoyed that my head started throbbing. "Do you know Ariana, y/n?" Leslie asked smiling like a idiot.
Ariana put her hands on my shoulders, "This is my cousin. I didn't mean to ruin your practice though." She pouted.
Leslie was start struck, "We just finished. Oh my Lord, its amazing to meet you ms. Grande."
"Ugh, I gotta go get out of these clothes. I'll be right back." I tried to change the conversation as I walked back to the locker room by myself because everyone wanted to be around my cousin. I started to pull off my shirt when I heard a locker close. I didn't mind it thinking it was someone who was unfazed by the pop star and went ahead to release myself from the shirt. "Damn, girl."
I turned around to see Normani eyeing me and pulled her curly locks out of her pony tail. I smirked at her and put on my Biggie Smalls shirt I brought from home. "Shouldn't you be out there freaking out over my cousin?"
I could hear Normani's footsteps as she got closer, "Why would I do that when I could be in here freaking out over you?"
I turned around confused. "What?"
Normani was in my face and she quickly slammed me against the lockers. It was pretty hot, to be honest. "I just want to kiss you." She moaned. "I can't start anything with you according to Camila, but I really want to kiss you. Can I?" Normani whispered the last sentence in my ear making me feel weak within her touch.
I was completely confused about what world I was in. I mean, I just got attacked by one of the girls on my team, and one of my 'kinda-friends'. Who wouldn't be confused? "What's happening right now, and Why does she control your decisions, Mani?" I couldn't help but feel weaker with each passing second. Although I was really into Lauren. The thoughts in my head were getting really intense.
"Can I kiss you? Yes or no." Her voice was stern.
I nodded and slowly felt her lips caress mine. I didn't think anything of it because it wasn't as good as Lauren's kiss, but it was something. She pulled away and winked at me, "Just wanted to see what it's like to kiss a girl."
"The verdict?" I winked.
"Pretty damn good."
"You never answered my question." I yelled to the darker girl before she grabbed her bag and started exiting the room.
She yelled back to me, "Can't tell you. Maybe you'll find out soon."
I heard her shoes click away in the path.

What the hell is up with this school?