five

We sat down on the ledge of the rocks. It was about 30 feet off the ground, but a perfect place to just sit back and watch the sun go down. I swung my feet back and forth, "Is this where you take all the girls that you hit on?"
She smiled at me, "Nope. You're the first, but if you tell anyone about this place you're dead to me."
I chuckled, "I wouldn't dare. Plus, I don't think I could remember how to get up here."
"Was it because you were staring at my ass the whole time we were coming up here?" She smirked.
I began to get nervous, "I wasn't staring at your ass."
"Oh please, if you had lasers shoot from your eyes, my ass would be crispy as fuck."
I gave her a weird look, "Your analogies are interesting."
Lauren scooted closer to me and put her hand behind my back giving me room to stretch out a little. "It's peaceful up here don't you think?"
I nodded staring out at the view. "And beautiful." I replied.
"You sure are." Lauren whispered. I looked to her and she started giggling. "I didn't mean to say that out loud."
I sent her a smile, but I looked back down to try to keep myself from making a move.
As the sun began to fade behind the hill, I could feel Lauren stare at me again. I tried to force myself to keep my eyes away from hers. She grew impatient and nudged my face to look at her. "Kiss me." She whispered.
I was melting in her touch. Her beauty and mysteriousness was hypnotizing me to a profound level. I wasted no time softly pressing my lips to hers. We didn't rush the kissing like we did yesterday on my bed. It was soft and sweet. Lauren put her hands on my waist and caused me to pull my feet away from the ledge and cross them in front of us so she could hold me better. The sun was set and the sky was slowly turning dark, and Lauren was pulling away from me. She laughed grabbing my back pack from the other side of me.
"What? Did I do something?" I felt a little insecure.
She shook her head and pursed her lips, "No. You were just my first sunset kiss. That's pretty cool."
"Is that a thing?" I asked confused.
She nodded, "To me it is. You're kinda special." She muttered the last sentence to herself, but I heard it and automatically blushed.

The sky was turning darker and you could see the wondrous amounts of stars begin to pile up everywhere. Lauren laid back and used my backpack as a pillow. "What the hell am I supposed to lay on?" I asked her.
She raised her eyebrow and smiled as she patted her perfectly toned stomach.
I rolled my eyes at her offer and placed my head on her stomach. I could feel her breathing and it was almost a calming sensation. Like I could go to sleep if I wanted to, and she'd protect me.
Lauren pointed at the sky, "Look! You gotta make a wish!" A shooting star blazed across the night. I closed my eyes and smirked at her excitement. I wish to be happy in one place. To find true happiness and keep it whenever we are settled. "Did you do it?" She asked. I nodded. "What was your wish?"
I scoffed, "I'm very superstitious so I believe that if you say it before it happens, it won't come true."
"I'll tell you mine, though." Her eyes were killing me. The way the moon light hit her face was absolutely amazing.
"I can't tell you, Lo." I smiled looking back up at the sky.
She laughed. "You called me Lo. No ones ever done that."
I shrugged, "Well, you have your pet names for me so I feel like it's okay."
She laughed causing her stomach muscles to move a little, "I'm not offended. It was kinda cute, babe."
"Watch it, Jauregui." I lectured her.
"Woah." Lauren blurted out.
I looked up to her, "What happened?"
She got up causing me to get up too. She handed me my bag, "This thing vibrated. If you have some kinky shit in there, I'm down." She winked at me.
I rolled my eyes, "No. It's my phone." I took my phone out of my front pocket.

It was a text from my ex, Jen.

Jen : hey there bby

I couldn't help but feel my heart drop into the pit of my stomach. I guess my facial expressions were obvious because Lauren tapped my leg. "You okay?"
I gulped then sent her a reassuring smile, "Yeah, it's just a person from the past. No biggie."
She grabbed my phone and smiled, "Jen, huh?" I nodded. "Is she your little girlfriend?"
I laughed, "Was. Emphasis on was. Now she's kind of like a bad luck charm."
"Wow, bad luck? How so?"
I gave her a death glare which didn't faze her, "I'm not telling you about my past relationships."
Lauren crossed her arms, "Why not? I told you about Camila."
"That wasn't a relationship." I giggled.
She smiled, "True. How about I send a little message to your ex?"
I shrugged and watched as Lauren's fingers quickly tapped the screen in front of her. She pressed send and clutched my phone. I reached for it and she pulled my phone away. "Gimmie it, Lauren."
She smiled at me, "Nope. Not until I'm done talking to her."
I grew impatient reaching for her arm again, "I'm serious, Jauregui. Lemme see."
Lauren raised her eyebrow and quickly leaned in to peck my lips then pull away to look at me. "Not yet, y/l/n."