Chapter 32: We're always here

3RD POV

{7:55 PM}

"Honey, are you ready yet? We should get going now" Damon shouted out from the bottom of the stairs as he straightened his tuxedo. Not long after, a beautiful lady wearing a dark red off-shoulder dress that stopped a few inches below her knees with her natural platinum blonde hair left unstyled sped down the stairs with her purse in her hand.

"Yes I am, but shouldn't we just bring Christy with us? I really don't see why we should just leave her here" Amelia said motioning her head over to little Christy who was sitting on the couch watching tv. 

Damon grabbed Amelia's hands and held them in his. "Lia, we already talked about this haven't we? She's going to be just fine plus Sam will be staying here with her so I'm sure no harm would come to our little angel."  He said comfortingly as the lady nodded her head.

"Fine, if you say so. But when is he going to arrive?"

"I texted him earlier, and he said he'll be here in a few minutes."

"Okay, that's good. Well, I'm just going to check if there are still some snacks for Christy in case she gets hungry, why don't you go tell her about Sam coming over so she knows."

The man nodded his head before heading over to little Christy, taking a seat beside her. Feeling the couch sink beside her, little Christy snapped her head to her side as her cute golden eyes laid on her father. A big grin made its way up to her face as she prepared to pounce on him but suddenly stopped when her eyes averted on the black suit her father was wearing.

"Daddy? Where are you going?" The girl said with a hint of confusion in her voice as her father patted her head softly.

"Well, Daddy and Mommy are going out tonight to celebrate our wedding anniversary." The man explained to her daughter as she nodded her head in understanding.

"Woah! That sounds fun! Can I go with you guys? I wanna go too!" She clenched her fist in excitement as her father let out a sad sigh.

"I'm sorry sweetie but you can't. Only adults can go there" 

"B-but I am old enough!" Little Christy stood up placing her hand on her chest as she looked at her father determined to go.

"Your only 4 Christy"

"No, I'm not! I'm like 4 and a half!" The man chuckled at his daughter's determination then scooped her up and place her on his hip holding her tightly before standing up.

"How about this, why don't we go to the amusement park first thing tomorrow. But in one condition." Christy stared at her father.

"What is it?"

"You'll have to let Mommy and Daddy go out tonight." 

"B-but, whose going to stay here with me then?"

Before her father could answer the little girl's question, the doorbell rang making her mother rush back towards the front door as the other two did the same. Damon slowly sat little Christy back down as Amelia opened the door. Christy hid behind her father's legs as she gripped them, looking confused and mad that some stranger entered her house all of a sudden.

"Sam! I'm so glad you could come. Thank you for agreeing to take care of our little girl, I hope it wasn't too much of a hassle to your schedule."

"Oh, don't mention it, Damon. I'd love to take care of little Christy for you guys. Now..where is the little girl?" Christy tugged on her father's pants making him look down at her, immediately feeling a wave of guilt wash over him as he saw that Christy lost her grip on his pants and she held her hands instead.