Chapter 13: What are you hiding?

Hello Readers~ this chapter it'll be on Arlo's POV, that's all, and feel free to comment and vote on this chapter. Thanks~

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

ARLO'S POV

I sat on a chair beside the bed where John laid there, sleeping while I was reading the school's newspaper. "Hm...Isen wrote the top story again, not bad." As I continued reading the newspaper, I glanced at John and saw him furrow his brows. It kind of made me curious about what he was thinking right now, but I quickly shrugged it off and continued doing what I was doing. After a few minutes of silence, John woke and sat up from his bed, with beads of sweat trailing down the side of his face. He turned to me and I spoke

"Look who finally woke up- "

I was interrupted by John getting up from his bed, sprinting towards me, and punched me on my cheek.

"WHY DID YOU HELP ME!? WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING? WHAT'S YOUR MOTIVE FOR SAVING ME? "

John shouted at me with anger and confusion in his voice. There was silence for a moment before I spoke while removing his grip from my shirt.

"Don't be so full of yourself. I don't know what kind of delusional world you're stuck in. But not everything revolves around you"

"..."

"Wake up, and take a good look at who you just hit. Luckily for you, I'm very patient. Unlike some people, I don't act on impulse"

I then stood up from my seat and looked at John with a poker face.

"You should know...I absolutely despise people who refuse to learn their place. The next time you lay your hands on me... I won't be so lenient."

I then turned around, exiting the infirmary, leaving John behind. I shut the door behind me, as I proceeded to walk the halls of the school. I suddenly received a message from one of my "friends". I got my phone out of my pocket and read the message.

"Isen has been following you"

As I read the message, I just sighed and put my phone back in my pocket as I continued walking through the halls.
As I was walking around a corner I saw Isen, spitting his drink as soon as he saw me.

"Isen"

I called out his name and he froze in his place. And having a nervous expression across his face.

"Just the man I was looking for "

"O-oh hey Arlo! Didn't see ya there! What's up? "

"You're still spying on John even after I told you to drop it? "

"Uhh, What? I don't know what you're talking about...! "

"You can't hide it from me. I know you're finding a new top story for the school newspaper.

"Umm...n-no"

"BREAKING NEWS! The school cripple in school turns high rank! Drama drama drama! "

I said to him as I did hand quotes, and Isen started panicking.

"NONONO!!! SHUSH ARLO! "

"Okay okay, please keep it down. If anyone from the club hears about this, they'll steal my story! "

"Hmm, how about we make a deal then?"

"Huh...?"

I smirked at him and held up two fingers up to his face. He titled his head in confusion and said "two?" Then I spoke.

"Seraphina comes back in two weeks if you finish the story by then...and keep me updated on Crystal and John. I'll guarantee your front-page article. "

"Alright, man! You got yourself a deal!

Isen smiled excitedly at me as I just smirked turned my body, ready to leave.

"Good, don't disappoint me."

I said as I walked off in the opposite direction, while Isen stood there waving goodbye at me.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

I was up on the rooftop again looking down at the students walking by, leaving the school as I look over the edge of the roof. Then I heard the door to the roof open, and someone spoke.

"Ah, so you are here"

"You got some serious balls to come up here again"

" Yeah, I'm sorry...But I really wanted to talk to you. It'll be quick"

I turned to look at John, unsure whether I should hear what he has to say. But then he said.

"Please"

I hesitated for a bit then sighed.

" What do you want? "

"Ah!"

John walked over beside me and was about to take a seat.

"Hey, what are you sitting down for, you said it would be quick. Hurry up and say what you want to say "

"Uh, well I just wanted to thank you for saving me earlier, and sorry for punching you in the face. When I woke up, I wasn't feeling like myself and overreacted. "

"Yes, you did "

" Sorry..."

" Is that all? Did you come up here just to tell me that? To waste my time on such a corny speech"

" Hey! This is important! I just didn't want you to get the wrong idea, I do appreciate you sticking up for someone like me..."

"Let me clarify, I didn't help you cause I wanted to be Bff's. I did it because my biggest peeve is disrupting the hierarchy. It just should've been a two on two battle. If you had fought them individually, you wouldn't necessarily lose, don't you think? "

"U-um...! You're giving me way too much credit! Don't forget, I'm a cripple after all! It doesn't matter what I do in the end I'll always be at the bottom. Well, that's all I had to say, I gotta head home, but I'll see ya around!"

And with that being said he exited the rooftop, leaving me with my thoughts. "Liar, your over-selling that you're a cripple. Why do you keep denying your place, it's as if you're trying to convince yourself that you're completely powerless."