A/N Chapter 38: Until next time

a few minutes earlier...

CHRISTY'S POV

"ARGHHH!!!"
I screamed, clutching my hair in my hands as I squeezed my eyes shut. The pain was unbearable, it was as if I was being hit on the head over and over again with a baseball bat. And I didn't know how to make it stop.

I glanced down at my mother's body as I began to sob uncontrollably. My vision slowly began to blur again and I felt as if I were about to pass out any second now but I forced myself to stay awake. I must not pass out now, not like this. If I do pass out who knows what would happen to the both of us, we might not even see the light of day again if I do.

I let out a painful groan as I tried standing up. Every time I try opening my eyes it's as if the world was spinning, making me want to vomit. After finally standing up, with half-lidded eyes I averted my direction to the man in front of me. His face was turned towards the street as if he were waiting for someone to come. I clenched my fist as I wiped the sweat off the side of my face, he was waiting for the others to come.

I blinked a few times to feel the headache slowly subside as a smile of relief made its way up to my face. At least my painful headache is gone for now.

I then glanced around my surroundings, desperately trying to find a way to escape there when all of a sudden I spotted a fixed steel ladder hanging off the side of the building behind us, but the thing was it was too high up for me to reach it. How did I not notice that earlier? I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down at the ground, if only my powers were working I would've been able to bring mommy and me up there and escape. Maybe there's a way I could get some help-!

I snapped my eyes back up to hear faint footsteps of several people quickly heading our way. They're almost here. Unconsciously, I started tapping my foot on the ground over and over again with a worried and anxious look on my face as squeezed my hands.

What do I do? What do I do??? We were running out of time and at any moment the other guys could arrive and take us away. What do I do?

My train of thought continued until I realized something. I stopped tapping my foot against the ground and just stayed still and silent. I was useless...And I didn't even know what to do anymore...Because all of this...this was all happening all because of me...I was the reason my mother was now lying on the ground unconscious. I was the reason they were after us. And now I was going to be the reason those guys were going to get us.

I clenched my fist tightly as a teardrop made its way down my face. I couldn't even defend us or at least put up a fight now that my powers are gone too. I'm so useless...

I was about to look up when all of a sudden I heard a man's voice speak a few meters away from us, making me flinch.

"Where is the girl?"

It's over, they are already here. There's nothing I could do-!

"Argh!"

I hissed in pain as another pang of pain came from my head. Why do these headaches keep coming back? But just as I was about to massage my temples, my eyes widened as I felt myself grow dizzier and dizzier as my body swayed from side to side, trying to keep myself from falling.

What's happening?

As I closed my eyes and massaged my temples, I heard multiple footsteps slowly approaching me.

"Right here, sir. I managed to disable her mother too-"

This is it...It's all....over-?

As soon as I lifted my head I saw multiple wide eyes staring at me with shocked and scared expressions on their faces.

"H-Huh!?"As I stood up straight, I could see some of the guys at the back flinch backward making me raise an eyebrow. What's going on? And why do they all look so scared? Don't tell me there's someone behind me!