Chapter 22: Overnight stay

As I got out an ice pack for my bruise Elaine started working her magic. I watched as the healer hovered her hands above Sera's unconscious body, as a bright green glow glowed from her palms. On the other hand, Arlo just stared at Sera's body as it was slowly being healed. Everyone stayed silent.

Strange. How did she even get hurt in the first place? Arlo thought as he leaned against the table with arms crossed. Did someone overpower her? No that's absurd. Maybe she was jumped on? But she's too fast. Perhaps she was tricked? But even if that were the case she would have her kit to back her up. The only possible answer is that she didn't use her ability, or maybe she couldn't...

I was just about to place the ice on my arm when a bright white glow appeared on my arm, I gasped in shock but quickly covered my mouth, making sure no one heard me. After a few seconds, the glow faded and left me with my arm completely healed. My eyes widened like saucers at the sight of it, moving it around and putting pressure on it to make sure it was gone, and sure enough it was. What the heck just happened?! I started to panic a little but a little voice in my head suddenly spoke, trying to calm me down.

"Crystal! calm down, it was me. I was the one who healed your bruise"

As she said that a wave of relief washed over me, phew for a second there I thought they were the reason why my arm suddenly healed, I thoughts as I silently chuckled to myself. I was about to ask her how could she do that but cut me off by saying

"I'll explain later but we should probably help your friend first" I nodded my head in agreement as I glanced over to Sera who is still unconscious, making me frown. "Yeah, your right" Is all I said before placing the pack of ice back in the freezer and walked back over to them. Minutes have passed before Elaine finally pulled back, deactivating her ability while wiping a bead of sweat from her forehead.

"O-okay, all done. Most of her injuries are from the stab wound, so she should be fine now." A piercing gaze that belonged to John landed on Elaine's trembling figure.

He narrowed his eyes "Then why hasn't she woken up yet?" The healer shivered and looked down at the ground, trying to avoid eye contact "I-it's strange. She's perfectly healthy... yet something is...off"

"Something is off, huh?" John scoffed. "NO SH*T!! Anyone could've figured that out! Be specific!"

"I-I don't know, okay?! It's beyond my power!" Out of reflex, Elaine raised her arms in front of her while squeezing her eyes shut, scared that John might try and hit her again. Arlo and I just watched the scene unfold, I can't watch this sh*t anymore I thought before I decided to break the intense atmosphere, "John, please control yourself, or else you're going to end up doing something you're going to regret. I know you're concerned about Sera, but you need-"

"You, what have you done up until now John?" Arlo cut in, staring intensely at John. "If you want to know the cause, then figure it out yourself."

The two males had an intense staring contest before John looked away and sighed. We watched as John's eyes trailed down to the floor before closing them, It was clear that he was hesitant to say something then he looked at me. "...Hey Crystal...do you mind going into another room for a minute...? There just something I need to do that you can't be here for..."

Something he needs to do that I can't be here for...? Suddenly it clicked, The only reason he would say that it's either he really has something to do or...use his ability, but if that were the case then that means Arlo and Elaine already knew. My eyes started slightly watering but I lowered my head so they wouldn't notice. Why didn't he tell me he had an ability in the first place then, does Sera even know. As I was drowning in my thoughts the other three just stood there waiting for my answer. Should I just come out and say it...?