Chapter 35: I Want Answers!

3RD POV

Running into a small dark alleyway, Little Christy bent down placing her small hand on her chest as she took deep breathes, trying her best to even out her breathing.

It has been about 5 minutes since the little girl left the abandoned hospital and her father behind, and right now after running aimlessly through the dark streets she finally found a small place to take a breather.

The girl clenched her shivering hands tightly as she cuddled her jacket closely to her small figure. It was only when she stop and looked at her surroundings did the girl realized how cold the atmosphere really was especially since it was still nighttime.

And unfortunately for her, no cars nor people passed the place very often so you could say it was practically empty especially at this time of time.

Well, who was she kidding, she didn't even know what time it was, nor does she know if she'll ever get home safe and sound.

The fear of being alone and being chased by those mysterious people slowly consumed the girl once again as she leaned against the wall, quietly reflecting on the things that had just occurred earlier.

The people hunting her down

The mysterious guy attacking her father

And their motives for doing such things

Everything just didn't make sense

Why would they want to kidnap her?

What are they planning to do if they ever got their hands on her?

But despite all the unanswered questions roaming around in her little head, one question of hers really made her curious.

How did the mysterious man know who they were?

And how come her father knows about him too??

What was their relationship? Was the mysterious man one of the rivals of her father's company? Or was it something else?

Little Christy let out a sad sigh as she just shook her head.

She knew better than anyone not to question her father's choices. If her father didn't attack the mysterious man right away earlier then he surely had something else up his sleeve. That's just the type of man her father was.

Finally peeking her small head out of the alleyway, glancing back and forth at the dark empty streets. She took one more deep breath before the girl suddenly rushed out of the alleyway and back on the run.

Worrying like that was the least of the girl's concerns, the only thing on her mind right now was to meet up with her mother, who was supposedly at the end of the street.

Feeling the cold night wind against her face as she just kept running, gave her a little deja vu of the moment that started this all.

After minutes of running aimlessly through the street, little Christy's eyes immediately lit up as her eyes fell upon the familiar city buildings and street lights coming into her view.

A sudden feeling of relief and happiness washed over the girl as she began to slow down her pace to the point that she began walking the rest of the way to the city.

However, before the girl could walk any further into the city, she could hear multiple footsteps on both sides of the building rooftops rushing towards her direction, catching her off guard.

And in a blink of an eye, 3 black-suited men stood a few feet away from her, and another 3 black-suited guys behind her.

"Look here, little girl. It doesn't have to get messy. All you have to do is come with us and no one has to get hurt"