Chapter 7: The Book

{6:15 PM}

SERA'S POV

Class just ended and we were heading to John's house to hang out.

"Maybe we should invite Crystal to hang out and have a sleepover with us! What do you think Sera?"

"Yeah, That sounds cool. Maybe this time I would have tougher competition. Don't you think so John?" The raven-haired let out a sad chuckle as he arrived at his front door.

"Hey! I try my best okay! And beside's you're not easy to beat"

John got his house key out and inserted it in the keyhole. We then entered the house and I placed my bag down beside his couch and sat down.

"So what movie do you wanna watch Sera? "

"Anything's okay"

"Hmm...How about the titanic!" I snapped my head towards him.

"No! We watched that the last time! Watch some good, something with zombies in it."

"Huh!? But I don't like horror Sera!! Maybe an action movie?"

"Fine! Whatever just pick a movie already, but make sure it's something good."

After scrolling and scrolling through Netflix we finally found something good

"There! Jaws! I clicked on the movie and began playing it, I cuddled one of the couch pillows against my chest as John leaned back into the couch.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*•̩̩͙ 2 Hours Later⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺

We were halfway into the movie when I suddenly stood up from my seat and faced John, who had his eyes glued to the screen.

"I'm just going to the bathroom"

John looked at me and nodded. I then walked towards a bathroom beside John's room and went inside. After I did my business there, I passed John's room and something caught my eye. It was a book? I walked towards the book to take a closer look and saw the front cover. 

"Unordinary"

Wasn't this the book that got banned by the government because it gave people illegal ideas about being vigilantes? How does John have a copy of it? Just as I was about to pick it up, John entered the room

"Hey Sera you okay, you've been gone for a lon-"

I turned around to face John. His eyes immediately glancing over to the book in front of me, and in an instant, his expression changed.

"John, how do you have a copy of this? I thought all of the copies were banned. "  He looked back at me a little taken aback by the question.

"Well, my dad gave me a copy"

I looked at him confused. How could his dad have a copy of this- Wait a second.

"Wait...he's William Doe!?"

"How did you know?"

"Well, it was all over the internet before so it wasn't that hard to figure out his name."

"Oh okay. He was able to save some copies of his book and gave me one" 

My mouth turned into an o shape as I nodded my head. So that's how he got a copy. I was about to go out of the room when all of a sudden I got an idea.

"Hey, could I borrow it for a few days? I wanna read it" John hesitated for a second before nodding in approval. 

"Sure, just make sure not to lose it"

I nodded my head with a smile on my face as I picked up the book and went back to finish the movie. 

After the movie ended, it was getting pretty late so we decided to sleep. I grabbed my extra clothes and changed into them then made my way to the couch where I usually sleep when I'm at John's house. 

John got his little sleeping place ready which was on the floor beside the couch. Whenever I would stay at his place he would always sleep there instead of his own bed. I don't really understand why but I never questioned it since it was his house after all.

He turned off the lights as we bid each other a good night, he immediately drifted off to sleep why I just laid there looking up at the ceiling thinking about the book earlier. I have never been able to read the book before but now I get to read it. I let out a short sigh before getting ready to sleep too.

*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙ Time Skip, Back in the dorms˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

SERA'S POV

I was back in my dorm, sitting on my bed playing games on my phone, while the book was placed on top of my bedside table. I decided to read it later when I had the energy too, and beside's it isn't going anywhere any time soon. 

The room stayed silent, just me, my phone, and I when all of a sudden someone knocks on my door making me avert my attention over to it.

"Seraphina, Remi is here. She says she wanted to talk to you about something"

I gave a long sigh and turned off my phone before standing up. I walked over to my door and opened it to see Elaine patiently waiting for me to respond.

"Okay"

I walked past her and saw Remi was sitting on Elaine's bed, fidgeting with her fingers. She noticed me and stood up with a smile on her face as I smiled back. Ready to hear what she had to say. 

Remi just asked me some questions about school and Queen stuff since I was the previous Queen of Wellston.

"I don't need to intimidate people too much, right?"

I let out a small chuckle as I just shook my head.

"No, you don't need to. Just make sure no one does anything over the top."

"Noted, Professor Seraphina"

She said imitating a teacher's voice, making the two of us chuckle.

 After we were done chatting for a couple of minutes, I escorted Remi outside of the dorm and closed the door. 

As I walked back to my room, my heart stopped as I glanced over to my bedside table to see the book no longer there.

 I started to panic as I searched everywhere, but I still couldn't find it, I started getting very anxious and was about to ask Elaine if she's seen it, but she wasn't in the dorm. I picked up my phone and texted John. What am I gonna do now?