Chapter 9: Away for a Month

CRYSTAL'S POV

John and I were sitting on our desks waiting for our names to be called to get our report cards. John was visibly shaking and mentally freaking out while I was leaning my head on my arm, not worrying about my grades since I already know I have all A's. 

But as I was about to let out a yawn, a voice spoke from the speaker.

"Seraphina, please report to the main office. I repeat, Seraphina, please report to the main office now"

As soon as we heard those words, John and I looked at each other with a worried expression across our faces. Damn, Elaine did snitch! I whispered to myself. But my train of thought was soon interrupted by the teacher calling my name.

"Ms. Nightingale!"

I stood up from my seat and walked towards the teacher to collect my report card. As soon as I looked at it, I just smirked to myself knowing I was correct about my grades. After a few more minutes of students getting their cards the bell rang, and John and I quickly gathered our things and rushed out of the classroom. 

We continued running towards the main office until I got a text from Sera. 

"John! Hold on, I got a text from Sera" 

I said getting out my phone to read the message. And soon enough the black-haired boy rushed to my side.

"Well? What does it say?"

I quickly read the message and my eyes widened. 

"Meet me at the school gates asap."

"Quick! She's by the gates and she said we have to get here ASAP"

With no time to lose, we rushed outside to the school gates and saw Sera standing in front of a car with her luggage bag beside her. 

"Hey, Sera! What's the luggage for?"

I asked as I bent down to catch my breath. Sera let out a sad sigh before responding.

"I have a flight home in two hours, Elaine ratted me out afterall. So they decided to send me home for a month"

"What!? That's insane! They didn't have to take it that far"

"Yeah that's what I thought too, but they wanted to make sure that I cleanse my mind from the book's ideas and not spread influence. But on the bright side, they won't be going after you anytime soon"

I glanced at John beside me and noticed how his aura turned dark in a second as he held both Sera's shoulders and said.

"Sera! Stop talking about it like it's nothing. What if you've been found out, your punishment would have been more severe, that not even your reputation nor the headmaster could save you. You should have told them the truth! That the book belongs to me!"

"None of that matters anymore, what matters is that we got through this. This will be the last we will ever hear of "Unordinary". When I return after a month this will all be behind us."

" I guess that's true"

We all smiled at each other until the car driver honked at us.