Chapter 19: Day before she comes back

I woke up to a bright light peeking out from the curtains, I groaned then sat up, Sera was still sleeping beside me, I guess Sera's not a morning person either, lucky her she doesn't need to get to school, I thought as I glanced at the wall clock on the wall, "5:15 " I sighed then stood up while stretching my arms. I got my uniform from yesterday and a hand towel out of my bag then headed towards the bathroom. I opened the door and locked it, I then started cleaning myself up and getting ready for school. 

I did the finishing touches to my hair and uniform then headed out of the bathroom with the clothes borrowed from Sera in my right hand and the hand towel in the other. I folded Sera's clothes neatly and placed them on the bed beside her then got my bag, slung it over my shoulder then went into the living room. 

"JOHN KEEP IT DOWN WILL YAH?! " was the first thing I heard as soon as I entered the living room. I scanned the room and saw John finishing up today's homework while  William was on the couch with an angry expression on his face. 

"Good morning," I said as I approached them and just stood beside the couch. They both shot their heads up to look at me.

"Oh, morning crystal," John said while William said " Good morning crystal ". They both said with a smile while I just smiled back. 

"Hey John, you are done with your homework yet? " I asked

"Oh yeah, I'm just gonna pack them up," he said as he stood up and faced William 

"We're gonna head out now! There are eggs in the fridge, oh and a few blocks from here there's a place that has some pretty good sandwiches! Sera will show you, we'll see you later! " Both of us waved goodbye to him then closed the door. We started walking towards the school, John was in front of me as I trailed behind him. 

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙ TIME SKIP •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙
                   AFTER SCHOOL

{ 7:18 pm }

"Okay dad, you sure you have everything?

"Yup, I packed light

We're all outside of John's house saying our goodbye to William. 

"Come on, you flew all the way here to spend one night? " John asked 

"I'm working on a bunch of projects right now, so my editor won't let me stay for long, I just came to check up on you to make sure you don't do anything too crazy "

"You still don't-"

"Nope, but I'm happy to know that I can always count on Sera and Crystal "

"We gotcha" Sera and I said at the same time as we pointed at each other. Sera then walked towards William.

"It's been a pleasure, William, your story is incredibly inspiring. And I think you are very strong despite your situation, please take care of yourself ". 

"It was nice to meet you William, and don't worry we will keep an eye on John," I said as stood beside Sera. Then suddenly William placed his arm over our shoulders with a teary-eyed expression on his face. 

"Awww, you kids are too much! Come here and gimme a hug before I leave! "

"Dad, Stop it! "

We all stayed like that for a couple of seconds before pulling away. William then dragged john away from the house for a second while Sera and I just stood there chatting about things like school and games.