A/N Chapter 37: Side effects?

"Where..are you going?"

Little Christy muttered under her breath as she just stood there confused, squeezing her hands as she felt a gust of wind hit her face.

Damon's eye's widened in shock as his daughter watched him snap his head around their surroundings with a worried expression on his face. As if we were watching out for someone.

"Daddy?...what's going on? Why were you sneaking out of the house? Where are you going...?"

Damon then turned around to see his daughter looking up at him with her big golden eyes as she held a worried expression on her face.

The man let out a deep sigh before crouching down to her level, placing a hand on her shoulder comfortingly. He didn't want her daughter worrying about anything anymore knowing that she's been through a lot already.

"What are you doing up so late Christy? Your mom's gonna kill me if she knew you were up and out of the house this late." He asked the girl in front of him as she just furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're avoiding my question..." Christy whispered hanging her head low as her father raised an eyebrow.

"What was that Christy? I didn't hear you" The little girl clenched her fist before snapping her head back up to meet her father's gaze.

"Don't go!" The girl shouted as her father was taken aback by her sudden scream.

"We just got back from being attacked and now you're going out! AGAIN!"

Her father looked at Christy with sad eyes as he engulfed her daughter into a tight hug. Without a second thought, Christy immediately hugged her father back. She didn't want her father to leave, too afraid of the thought that what happened earlier might happen again. It was all too much for the girl to handle, all she wanted to do was stay home with her parents, happily spending their time together.

After a few more minutes of silence, her father was the first to pull away as he stood up straight, placing his hand on Christy's shoulder as he guided the little girl back to their house.

"It's nothing to worry about sweetheart... Daddy is just... going somewhere for a little while. So you need not worry."

As soon as they reached the front door, Damon took his hand back making little Christy snap her head around to see her father slowly walking away from the house.

"You'll come back soon right?" Christy shouted out to her father with a hopeful voice. Damon just glanced over his shoulder looking at his daughter with a smile on his face. He was about to say something but closed his mouth instead and turned away from the girl's gaze making her grow nervous.

"Right?!" She said louder but her father just ignored her.

"RIGHT!?" Christy shouted at the top of her lungs but her father still didn't waver. At this point, little Christy was running out of ideas to stop her father, but before she knew it she started running at him at full speed trying her best to catch up to him.

"Wait! Daddy! Let me go too!!"

"Wait what?!"

As soon as Damon stopped walking little Christy ran into him bumping her head on his back. Only when Christy stopped running did she realize that they were already standing in the middle of the dark and empty streets.

"Christy! Why did you run after me!? You should've just went back inside!"

"You didn't answer me! And you didn't even answer any of my questions yet..."