Chapter 3: Friends?

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙THE NEXT DAY•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙

CRYSTAL'S POV

It was my last class of the day. I was sitting at my desk watching the teacher as she discussed some things with the class. It hasn't been a week yet and I was already bored of the classes, being homeschool was way more fun than this if I do say so myself.

As I just sat there, my eyes unconsciously wandered over to seatmate John, who was scribbling something down on his notebook. Then suddenly I remembered yesterday's events. I leaned over a bit, making sure the teacher didn't notice and tapped the boy on the shoulder making him turn my way.

"Hey, John..."

I whispered as he turned to look at me, giving me a bright smile. To me, he seemed to be the only one among my classmates who looks friendly and willing enough to be my friend.

"Sera says hi"

"Oh! You met Sera? You two seem like you could be friends! So, did you like her?"

"Yeah, she seems like a pretty chill and cool person. But I'm not so sure about her being a High-tier and all." I said, my eyes trailing down to the ground as I said those last few words.

"Oh that doesn't matter, she usually isolates herself from other students so you don't have to worry about that. She's awesome if you get to know her more." He said leaning over to me with hopeful eyes as I just let out a sigh.

"Well, if you say so..."

As I was just about to lean back in my seat, John whispered something back.

"Hey, how about you join me and Sera after school today? We're planning to go and get something to eat. Meet us at the school gates? "

I blinked at him a few times as he just stared at me waiting for my answer.

"Oh, erm...Alright. If you guys are okay with it"

As soon as I said that John's face lit up as he flashed me a wide smile.

"Great!! I'm sure Sera would be excited that you're tagging along too so don't sweat it."

John smiled brightly once more before turning his head to face front. I just blinked my eyes before leaning back in my seat as I stared out of the classroom window. Maybe it's time I started making friends while I'm here. Of course, I would continue keeping my abilities and power level a secret, but hey, I think I deserve to finally make friends. John seems like the best choice, but Sera...I'm not so sure about her. We'll just have to see how things go from here.

The bell rang, and I got up from my seat, grabbed my bag, then dashed out of the room. I made sure to put all of my books in my locker before I left school, so I wouldn't have to run into any Elite-tier who owned a locker near mine. I then ran through the halls and quickly down the stairs until I finally reached the first floor.

The bright blue sky coming into my view as I took one more step, exiting the school building. I took a deep breath, breathing in the fresh air as I let out a sigh.

Looking over at the school gates, I saw John and Sera weren't there yet so I decided to wait there. Maybe I should've just waited for them before coming out here.