Chapter 6: Blondie

{12:20 PM}

CRYSTAL'S POV

Sera, John, and I were headed up to the roof to eat lunch. As we were walking up the stairs, I thought about what happened in my homeroom. Who was that blonde-haired guy, and why was almost everyone in the room so terrified of him? As we sat down near the edge of the roof I tapped John on the shoulder, he turned to look at me with his sandwich in his hand.

"Hey, John, who was that blonde guy who came into homeroom earlier, the one who called Isen?"

He hesitated for a moment before he spoke.

"...Arlo..."

I wanted to know more so I turned to Sera, who was playing a game on her phone and hadn't even touched her food yet. She turned her phone off before turning to me.

"Arlo's King, you could say he's an ass, so we call him asslo. Just don't say it in front of him or any of his friends. His ability is Barriers if you wondering"

My eyes widened at the new information. The king of Wellston himself had been standing in front of me during homeroom, and I didn't even realize it! I mentally cursed myself for letting my guard down like that. I was even staring at him! And he saw me!

I started to feel sick just at the thought of the scene, so I got up and pushed my food towards Sera and John. 

"Here you guys can have it, I kind of lost my appetite just now." The two turned to me.

"Are you sure Crystal? You haven't even taken a bite of your food yet, you'll get a stomachache" I nodded my head to the two as I stood back up.

"Yeah I'm sure, I'll just head back down. See you guys later" I waved towards the two before exiting the rooftop, leaving the two confused and concerned. 

I couldn't bring myself to eat, especially after hearing about "Arlo". It was so obvious but I didn't realize it until now, but now that I'm thinking about it, I also heard a lot of students especially the girls talking about a blonde king.

As I reached the first floor, my legs started walking unconsciously. Not knowing where I was going while keeping my head low, upset at myself for being so careless.

Maybe I should just ask Sera and John about everyone in this so-called hierarchy system so I know who to avoid. That way I won't make these mistakes again.

I have been walking around in circles like this for the last few minutes now when all of a sudden I felt something bump into me making me stumbled backward. I lifted my head, to see someone I'd least expect to bump into. I froze, my mouth wide open. Arlo!? Oh no! Why him! It could be anyone. But it had to be him! 

He just stood there, looking down at me with a blank expression on his face making my sweatdrop. Shit! Say something Crystal! Don't just stand there!

"H-hi?"

I managed to say before closing my mouth shut, unsure of what to do next. I mean I have encountered multiple High-tiers before but Arlo was different, he had this frightening aura surrounding him, making anyone even close to him scared. Even I was scared, it's as if he knew all the secrets I was trying to hide.

He just nodded his head at my greeting, I was trying my best not to make anything obvious but instead, my face ended up looking shocked. He leaned on a locker next to him, with his arms still crossed as if we were friends. I didn't let my guard down just yet though, I was expecting him to attack me, trap me in his barrier and crush me, but to my surprise, none of that happened. 

"Isen seems...interested in you, why not become friends?"

I didn't mean to, but I unconsciously started muttering things to myself, soft enough for him not to hear me.

"Oh, you don't say huh, well Isen is a creep. I'm sure he's listening to me now, hiding somewhere in the shadows."

"What was that?"

Me, wanting to end this conversation quickly, blurted out the only reasonable response I could think of.

"I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong person. I'm a  Low-tier, I couldn't possibly be friends with an Elite-tier!" I said a little louder before I running off in a different direction, but before I rounded behind a corner, I heard him shout from a distance.

"Isen I know your there, come out."

So he did hear me. I thought as I walked off to my next class. I entered the room, I glanced over John's desk, he wasn't there. I decided to sit at my desk and waited for class to start. A few minutes have passed and the other students entered the room, I glanced again at John's desk but he still wasn't there. I guess he skipped class with Sera today, I should've joined them, class is so boring!

As I complained to myself, I rested my head on my desk with my arm supporting it, while looking out the window, admiring the scenery. I didn't mean to but as soon as I got into a comfortable position, putting my head on my arm, I felt my eyes getting heavy and I drifted off to sleep. A few minutes later, I hear my teacher screaming at me.

"Ms. Nightingale! Would you care to answer this question on the board? You seem to know the lesson since you decided to sleep."

Everyone turned to me as I mentally rolled my eyes and stood up. The teacher looked at me with an annoyed expression across her face because I slept in her class. I could hear some of the students snickering and making fun of from behind but I just shrugged it off. I glanced at the question on the board and a few second later I picked up the chalk then started writing down the answer. All of my classmate's eyes widened in shock and confusion as I was writing, shocked to see that I was able to answer it without a second thought.

After I finished, I put down the chalk and walked back to my seat, the teacher glanced at my answer and started checking it. To her surprise I was able to answer it correctly, I smirked at myself from their reactions as I went back to my seat getting ready to fall asleep again, but this time they didn't disturb me.