The Prologue: Quirkless

A/n: Hello Lovely Readers, welcome to my newest story Footsteps of a Fallen Angel, in where our precious Shiggy boy will have his time to shine, get loved and eventually have his happy ending with [Y/N]. I hope you enjoy 😄 

!!!!!!!!!!

Warning(s): Major Daddy Issues 🙈, Mention of character death (an OC)

!!!!!!!!!!

Psychology says it. It's not just me saying it. That's how I know I'm not delusional. I know his lack of presence, his lack of love and care for me has hurt me greatly. But it's not my fault -I've been told so.

If a father is constantly preoccupied with his career or is merely absent, daughters can feel the effects of not receiving their dad's attention long into their adult years. Sometimes a father can be daunted by the roller-coaster emotions of his daughter and withdraws from her to avoid being caught in the torrent of yelling, tears and frustration; anything he may consider a nuisance or have trouble understanding.

Psychologists said so.

While a father's love guides a girl to see herself as treasured and special, his lack of attention can be deflating as the years go by.

As a daughter who longs to receive the attention from her father, I seem to always come up short. I can feel the need to perform better in order to meet his standards. It doesn't matter whether it's about setting higher goals or improving one's physical appearance; I feel the need to do it.

A daughter can think "Maybe if I have similar goals as him, act right, train hard enough, he will like me more." And yet, none of that seems to work. I barely get acknowledged by him...

My mom died when I was eight. I was young but I remember her giving me lots of love and always encouraging me to smile. She was everything I had. It was always us two; whether it be taking me to school, taking me to the doctor, eating lunch, watching a movie. It was her and only her.

Reason for that was because my dad, is an important man. He's a hero. But not just any kind of hero. He's the number one hero! He's known as the greatest hero ever to exist; the Symbol of Peace, All Might.

I remember always watching him with admiration and love. My dad was my favorite hero; I wanted to be like him. Mom would explain that dad needed to focus on his career, which is why he wasn't around much and why I couldn't tell everyone he was my dad.

Yeah... I was forced to keep that secret ever since I was little.

As I grew up, I wanted nothing in the world than to be a hero just like him. I wanted to be a hero so that maybe then my dad would tell the public he had a daughter and feel proud.

Just like him, I wanted to save and defeat villains. I wanted to be a symbol of something, anything...

But unfortunately, not all dreams can be reached. Just not like all birds can fly.

With 80% of the earth's population possessing an uncanny ability, it meant 20% were nothing but what people called Quirkless. I was within that 20%...

I remember the day my mom took me to the doctor and how she consoled me. For weeks I couldn't meet my dad's eyes in fear of his disappointment. Losing my dream wasn't the worst part, losing my chance to be recognized as his daughter; that's what hurt me the most.

However, the words my mom told me that dreadful day made a strand of hope thicken into a blinding light of motivation.

She held me in her arms at the age of five and told me, "It doesn't matter whether you have a quirk or not. You can still be a hero."