Chapter 49. Wings of Hope

A/N: Only one chapter left and there will be 3 endings plus a 2-part epilogue for each character's ending 🫨😱 I can't believe we're reaching the end! I hope you enjoy today's chapter 💛

~

~

A cool breeze blew between us. My dark locks moved ever so slowly in the wind and my stare hardened with bitterness.

"What brings you here?" I asked mockingly, "I recall you weren't present in the last war. Oh right, it's cause that boy you chose over me has your quirk now."

"[Y/N]." he called out to me, "We need to talk."

"I don't have time nor want to talk to you." I spat with a flat tone, "Move aside, I have business to deal with." I tried walking past him but he stopped me.

"Business? You mean murder."

"Yeah that." I shamelessly grinned. "So move."

"I'm not going to let you dirty your hands anymore. Not as long as... I am here." He eyed with a confident expression.

I scoffed, "Don't make me laugh, you... you were never there for me back then, what makes you think I'll believe you now."

"I'm here, am I not?"

"That still doesn't change anything." I remarked with a sneer. "Besides I don't want to talk. I don't want to get emotional..."

I hated this emotion trying to crawl through my heart and mind. It was making my body ache and my mind fill with confusion and hesitation. 

"You can't deny your emotions forever." He told me taking a step closer which made me take one back. "You've held them for a long time, it's time for you to let them go."

"Don't." I panicked a bit, "Don't come close to me."

"[Y/N] listen to me, look around us. They're severely hurt, do you really want to kill them?"

I looked Haru, Bakugou, and Shigaraki who struggled to sit up. Midoriya, Shoto and Dabi were lying on the ground half-conscious. Other heroes as well were scattered and beaten.

"This is between you and I." my father stated. "Leave them out of it."

"You're only pissing me off even more with every word you're saying to me, y'know." I sighed aggravated. I tried looking for an escape route but I couldn't find any. I was extremely pissed off. "I'm telling you I don't have any business with you. Now, move aside."

I walked towards him and tried to go around him but he held me by my shoulders. I formed two force shields that threw his hands off me. But that only provoked several attacks from the heroes at a distance.

I broke free from ice trapping my legs and rope that had wrapped around my torso. I dodged a few bullets and quickly stepped away from them; I carefully stood a good distance from them as I recovered from their attacks.

"Don't touch me. You... it's not..." his touch made me break into a hysteric cry. "Stop trying to mess with my emotions! I... you! You think it's easy to see you coming here? Seeing you trying to stop me. You care about their safety, it's not about me, it's never been about me!"

"This is about you." He insisted, "It should've always been about you. Look at you, you're hurt and so is everyone else. I know I should've seen this coming sooner, that you were hurting. Why didn't you tell me you knew about One for All?"

"W-would have... would that've made a difference?" I stuttered as I held my arm; blood dripping down. "Why didn't you tell me? Why'd you choose him? I had no quirk, I wanted to be a hero... so why, why was I always never a choice for you? Even back then, you went to the US and left me with a babysitter. You left me alone."