Chapter 6. Class 1-A

It's been several weeks since I got my new quirk. We decided to call them Angelical Wings; a name that perfectly went with the pure white color of my feathers and the ability to fly, heal to some extent, create force shields and use some feathers as a sort of weapon.

The past few weeks haven't been all too easy; both physically and mentally.

First off the worse thing about this wasn't the brutal training or falling every once in a while, because I didn't know how to fly, it was actually having to explain to everyone where my quirk came from.

With Shoto I hated the fact I had to lie to him, I never do. I had to tell him the horrendous lie of my new quirk being that I actually had my quirk stored in my body and the doctor said it was some sort of mental block preventing me from activating it.

He didn't question me much, instead he was happy for me. Shoto even offered to help me train if I needed help as well. Seeing his sincere smile made me utterly guilty. But... it was for a good reason. Knowing how kind he is, I know he'll understand eventually.

The problem wasn't even when I told Uncle Mirai I had developed a quirk. Sure he was shocked and confused at first just like Shoto, but in the end he was also happy for me. He supposed the mental block possibly came from when I was little due to a traumatic experience I had, of which I had no idea what he was talking about.

Maybe he meant my mom's death? Or the lack of having my dad around. I didn't pay much attention to it either way.

What was concerning and the only problem I seemed to have encountered was with the one person who I least expected... All Might.

As my father, he should've been proud and happy no? No. He was quite the opposite, he was shocked and kept saying, "Are you sure you have a quirk?"

I rolled my eyes and tried keeping my head calm. "Of course I do. I went to the doctor as well and I have the paperwork that proves it."

"But how..." he gasped confused.

That wasn't the reaction I was expecting of him. Sure, I suppose he is shocked, but can't he show me at least a little enthusiasm for me? I'm his daughter for goodness sake!

"Just to let you know, I'm going to enroll in UA." I told him monotonously, as I walked passed him to leave.

"UA?" He asked even more stunned.

"Yes." I sighed, "And don't worry, I won't tell anyone I'm your daughter."

"(Y/N)... I'm glad you decided to join UA, surely it'll be a great experience for you. Are you going to enroll into the General Studies course?"

I stopped walking. My eye twitched with vexation. General... studies? He said that right? That nerve... As much as I wanted to yell at him for underestimating me I remembered what All for One told me.

Keep a cool mind (Y/N). Logic comes to unclouded minds and the one who gets mad first is always to lose.

And so, I placed AFO's words into action. "Hmm, I don't know. Probably yeah." I spoke in a calm tone.

I turned around to see him smile at me. I felt rather sick seeing him smile so kindly at me. He should've smiled at me that way from the beginning not now. Not when thinking I'll join some general study class.

Politely excusing myself I headed to my room. There was no going back now. In a matter of weeks I would be a UA student.

~~

"Hey are you listening to me?" I heard Shigaraki speak to me very aggravated.

I snapped out of my past reveries and nodded. "Ah, yeah. Yes, Shiggy I'm listening. The important part is no matter what the quirk thief does I shouldn't pick a fight with him or anything it could blow my cover." I yawned.