Chapter 41. The New Successor

The Liberation Army became the Paranormal Liberation Front with Shigaraki as the new leader, with eleven lieutenants –two of them being me and Yusuke. As far as everyone knew, Shigaraki had been the victorious one; the one leading more than 100,000 members.

But that was all a façade; a simple coverup for the real plan AFO had in mind.

"It seems like you truly proved to be even more determined than Shigaraki Tomura, [Y/N]." Ujiko and I conversed, "You exceeded AFO's expectations."

I nodded, "Of course I did, we have a common goal."

"True but unlike Tomura you didn't fall for other distractions. At first you were an emotional child, but you matured to think wisely about the situations around you. You finally know now that loving Tomura or Dabi won't bring you any benefit."

"You're correct and I must say I pity them." I shrugged with a cynical expression, "Though I must admit, I didn't mean to cause unwanted trouble in the League but it is what it is. The end results is all that matters and AFO has his successor."

"Indeed, now then let's—"

Opening the door with anger and stomping into the room came the one and only Shigaraki Tomura. I deviously smiled at his troubled state.

"I heard everything! You can't do this to me!" Shigaraki shouted at the Ujiko, "I'm his successor! Master promised me!" he turned towards me and said, "You're not supposed to—"

"Shigaraki give it up. You lose." I told him mockingly. "Seems like while you won the battle, I won the war. Now step down."

"No, you're not understanding me. You're not meant for this! I didn't want you getting any more involved—" he said as he tried touching my hands.

But the moment he did so, my mind went blank. His words seemed to echo far away until I heard nothing.

3rd PERSON POV

"What did you two do to her?!" Shigaraki shouted at Ujiko as he grabbed the unconscious [Y/N] from the ground. "She hasn't been herself for several months. You can't fool me, you altered with her mind and quirk, that's why she had that dubious personality phase. Was this planned from the start?"

Ujiko merely chuckled in delight, "It took you long enough Tomura, unfortunately there were a change of plans. [Y/N] wasn't originally planned to be AFO's successor but after he saw the affect she had on you, things had to change." He explained to Shigaraki who held a shocked expression, "Despite having tried separating you from the start, you two managed to fall in love, AFO was having none of it. And so he devised a plan to see who was more worthy to follow in his footsteps."

"So the reason AFO is basically tossing me aside is because I fell in love with her? All Might's daughter?" Shigaraki was boiling with rage, but not because of AFO tossing him aside. He was more worried over the girl he loves. "Why won't she wake up?" he demanded to know as he shook [Y/N]'s frail body in his arms.

"Indeed, emotions make humans weak. They weaken the ability of a person to think logically. From the moment you two fell in love, we staged many events to separate the two of you in order to see who would pass our test, the one who'd turn their back on love. In the end she won." Looking at [Y/N] he simply shrugged, "As for her health at the moment, she's fine. She only fainted. Her quirk as you see is evolving, when she wakes up, she won't be the same girl anymore. Her quirk will be fully developed."

"You monsters..."

"Oho Tomura." Chuckled Ujiko, "Don't act like you're not a monster yourself."

Shigaraki clenched his teeth with anger. "You're not going to use her. She doesn't deserve this. This life of villainy isn't for her!"