Chapter 37. Names Matter

A/N: Hello lovely readers! Thanks for waiting for the new chapter and for all your votes/comments, I hope you enjoy it 💛🙏

~

~

In an empty room, I began meditating. I still felt uneasy with all that's happened. To make matters even more complicated, Dabi and I had a long conversation that ended in...

Dabi pulled up his pants and buckled his belt. He sat next to me, with a soft sigh he said, "So... you don't know who you have feelings for. Shig or me?"

I bit my lip nervously as I brought my knees to my chest, covered by the thin bedsheet. "I... can't lie to you. My first love was and will always be Shigaraki, but—"

"He was a jerk to you."

I nodded. "Yeah. When I most needed him, he broke my heart. Despite him trying to change it now, the damage is already done. I'm not a person who forgives easily."

"So when you met me—"

"I was selfish. I just wanted to feel loved... needed... wanted. At first it was just that. But the more I got to know you, the more I felt bad for using you."

"I don't care. As long as you're by me, as long as you look at me... I'll be here for you." Dabi leaned on my bare shoulder.

"That's the thing... you telling me those things... just by being there, I started to care about you. That's the reason why I pushed you away, I didn't want to hurt you."

He smiled, "I know."

I chuckled with a sad expression, "I'm sorry I can't give you a proper answer. I swear I don't know what's wrong of me."

He patted my thigh softly, "I get you, sometimes you end up thinking about things too much... that you eventually begin to feel doubt. I feel that way sometimes."

Dabi was being sweet, he gets this way whenever we became intimate with each other. But the thing is, Dabi has no idea what goes through my head and that eventually led me to think, I don't know anything about Dabi either.

"Hey Dabi, what's your real name?" I asked him.

"Huh?"

He turned to face me, his expression of shock was quickly replaced with a little annoyance. "I already know Shigaraki's real name. But what about you? I don't know anything about you. I basically only know what your body likes."

"Shigaraki's real name? Wow who would've guessed." He tried switching the subject but failed as I glared at him. He sighed, "Why do you want to know? A name shouldn't matter. My body on the other hand-"

I slapped my hand on his mouth. "Oi Dabi. The reason I'm asking is because... I want to know more about you." I told him sincerely, "You know who I am, why can't I know about you? If you really want to make things easy for me to choose between Shigaraki and you, it's only fair that I know who you are too."

He frowned. "I don't like talking about my past." He admitted, "It's not a nice past. My family really didn't care about me, in the way I wished for. The old man tossed me aside once he realized I couldn't be his successor and be a hero even stronger than..."

"Than who?" I asked. "Wait." I knew the answer to that. I sighed deeply. "All Might, right? It's always him."

He nodded hesitantly, "Don't get me wrong, I don't care if your All Might's daughter. I don't have any ill feelings towards you regarding that and it's because I can tell you and I went through a similar situation. Being pushed aside and replaced by someone else. That shit hurts deep. I guess you could say it scars you for life." He chuckled with a self-deprecated tone.