Chapter 36. Unsaid Words

Warning: Death/coping with it

~~

The breeze was pleasant, the moon was full and beautiful, yet it made everything so melancholic. I stayed sitting on the bridge I once tried to end my life on by jumping. 

It's nighttime now. I barely had any time to escape without getting the League involved. Sighing deeply, not too far from me was Yusuke, Shigaraki and Dabi.

"So this is where she goes when she's not with us, huh?" Dabi spoke in a soft tone.

"It seems like it." Shigaraki also added, his tone sounding similar to Dabi's. "Is this where you two met?" he asked Yusuke.

"Yeah. Though, she only comes here when she's... you know."

"Her old self." The other assumed. "It's gotta be her, right?"

"Well she's not threatening on wanting to kill like her other personality."

What the hell are they talking about? Other personality again? Seriously. This just annoys me more. I rolled my eyes, "I can still hear you three." I looked at them and added, "Don't you guys have anything better to do than to spy on me?"

Shigaraki scoffed, "Who says we're spying on you?"

"Yeah." Dabi agreed annoyed, "We just want you to talk to us."

"Not even Toga knows what happened and she was with you." Shigaraki approached me. "She says you were really affected by that Pro Hero's death. Who is he to you?"

Looking away towards the sight of the moon, in their own weird and perhaps twisted way, I think they care. And so without any more delay, I told them what my relationship with Sir Night Eye was. My voice broke so many times as I gave them the news of Uncle Mirai.

"Wait, so Sir Night Eye, that's the pro hero who... died?" Shigaraki asked awkwardly.

I nodded. "He—I knew him all my life. If anything, he was more of a father figure than anyone else I had ever met. But we drifted apart when the whole situation about All Might still wanting to continue his hero career and whatnot."

"He was friends with All Might?" Dabi asked confused.

"Yeah, a former sidekick actually, but they had a disagreement and Uncle Mirai distanced himself from us. I was obviously the most affected. But anyhow... he reached out to me when he found out All Might had retired, I'm pretty sure that annoying Deku had something to do with it."

"Right that explains why that Midoriya brat was the one to defeat Overhaul." Shigaraki assumed.

"So that job, Overhaul had you do... it was to investigate about the pro hero agency investigating the Hassaikai, wasn't it?" Yusuke deduced with a pensive expression. "You knew he was going to be involved?"

I nodded putting my head in my hands with tears falling onto the ground

I nodded putting my head in my hands with tears falling onto the ground. "I did. I tried everything I could to make sure he and Overhaul didn't meet. But fuck!" I cried harder, "I could've prevented this! It's my fault, even when Uncle Mirai said not to blame myself for his demise, but it's true... I—"