Chapter 35. I'm Sorry

A/N: thank you so much for the votes/reads and comments 💛💛💛

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slumped against the wall with heavy breathing. I was beyond furious. This is all wrong. It wasn't supposed to happen this way.

"That bastard!" I cried out in anger. "He's so going to pay for it."

"Why are you so upset? It's just a hero less in this rotten society." Dabi spoke with confusion as him, Tomura, Compress, Spinner, and Yusuke looked at me.

I turned to glare at Dabi. "Hey now, it's best if you both calm down." Mr. Compress tried soothing things over but it wasn't working.

"Besides shouldn't we be worried that your clone and Twice and Toga didn't get the kid?" Spinner asked. "That's where Overhaul's plan was centered at, wasn't it?"

"We don't need her." I hissed out annoyed.

Shigaraki sighed, "I can't say I'm glad with how things turned out but, at least we know where the bullets are located at. Though, what I don't understand is why the hell you're so upset about a hero dying?"

I furiously used my quirk to form a shield on my fist and knocked the trash bin ahead of us. "He's not just a hero. Before being a hero... h-he... was the closest person I had near me that resembled what a father should have been. He's the only person who cared about me even when he knew I became this monster! He wasn't like All Might, who just gave up on me." I hissed out, "I swear I'm going to fucking kill that Yakuza bastard for hurting him!"

"[Y/N] you're not killing anyone." Yusuke gripped my shoulders.

"Let go." I darkly spoke. "I'm going to rip his throat out, tear him limb by limb, and neither of you are going to fucking stop me. Or I'll kill you guys too." I threatened making everyone freeze with silence.

At that, Yusuke's hands trembled, "She's—"

"It's her other personality. The dark one." I heard Shigaraki speak.

The next thing I knew it all became a blur. The overwhelming headache came back. I felt darkness swallow me.

Shigaraki's POV

[Y/N]'s personality changed. 

I've only heard from Yusuke how she behaves differently since the moment she tried committing... that. But seeing her like this... so out of control, it... hurts me.  It shouldn't but it does. 

She's not the same girl I met months ago. There's no trace of her left. Her eyes are completely hollow with hatred filling them; a hatred even bigger than mine.

She was keen on wanting to kill. I shouldn't have interfered; if she wanted to kill then so be it. It's not my problem. However... Yusuke's words made it through my mind. The promise [Y/N] had asked him to keep. For her to never be allowed to kill another human being.

I don't know why but my body moved on its own and I gripped her shoulders tightly. "You're not killing anyone." I firmly told her.

"Move." She glared at me.

"No." I told her with a serious expression, "You're not thinking right. You're not you, right now. Killing him won't bring him back to you! You have to move on. We're going to make him pay, but not by killing him. Death would be a quick punishment for him after all."

Her eyes wavered. They flickered back to their blue-ish color but only for a brief second before turning back to a golden color.

"I just... don't want to feel pain." She admitted taking us all by surprise.