Chapter 4. Walking into Hell

The next morning, I woke up and changed my bandages. I got dressed and ready for another day as usual. However, this time I didn't get ready for school. I wasn't in shape for it. My injuries weren't major but I was completely sore to the bone. Luckily All Might wasn't around and Yui was busy with the house work, so they wouldn't notice my absence.

Even if the school calls them reporting my absence it's not like anything would happen. I'd just make a lame excuse and they would believe it. Why? Because that how little interest I am to them; the babysitter and my dad...

~~

I went to the same old place where I would go when I was a child seeking warmth and tranquility; the park with the swings.

The sun was shinning ever so brightly that my eyes were squinting at the light. There wasn't any cloud in the sky and people seemed to be happy.

A part of me wished I could feel their joy...

Arriving there I got on the swings. Being careful of my wounds I swung my feet gently. My eyes looked around to see the very few people walking by. My mind recalling the pros and cons of my life. But in the end, all I was hearing was All for One's offer and seeing Shigaraki's blue hair in my mind.

Confusion.

Temptation.

But overall confusion fills my thoughts as I thought more and more about the offer I was given. All my life I've wanted to be a hero, but that dream slowly faded as reality sank in.

Emptiness. 

That's what I feel. I feel like a ghost, a paper doll being blown away by the wind; I am like the crispy leaves of autumn that have fallen on the ground and become covered by frost. At some points I feel the chill in my blood and bones; the coldness making my brain standby. To put it short I feel lost, forgotten, and alone.

Villainy. 

That word echoes in my head and leaves my lips in a low tone; I feel the bitterness of the word on my tongue as I say it.

Heroes.

Is another word that makes it out of my mouth leaving me with nostalgia. I longed so many years to develop a quirk; for a miracle to happen in where I suddenly had a quirk in order to become a hero.

But now that I've been offered such scenario of getting a quirk, the conclusion is different. The purpose of having a quirk is different. It's different from the dreams I've had since childhood. If I accept getting a quirk, I can't be a hero.

I'll be serving the... enemy.

Many thoughts continue to pile in my head but one devious thought rises above all. And that is...

"If he can't see me as a hero, would he see me as a rival? Would he finally notice me?"

The sky had suddenly darkened with clouds. It looked like it was going to rain again. I decided to go back home. My thoughts still being a mess. The only concluding thought I was able to seize was to ask for more information. I needed to know exactly what it implied to work of All for One. Depending on that...

I would finally have my answer.

~~

I arrived home around mid-day and I was extremely shocked seeing that All Might was there. He looked worried as he talked with Yui.

Entering as quietly as I could I tried getting past them. My feet had made it towards the stairs and unfortunately my presence had been detected. I grimaced as I heard him call me.