Chapter 20. Smoldering Flames

Warning: Slight Smut

~

~

****

A single word, a single action, a single event is all it takes for a person's mindset to change or begin to adapt a belief.

****

There's still a few days before this camping trip occurs and the League's plan is put into action. Everyone in class seems to be excited considering Aizawa said we were all going regardless who passed the exam or not.

However, as everyone's happy about it and talking about the fun things they'd like to do there I can't help myself be conflicted still. Watching these classmates of mine looking so hopeful and energetic makes me feel bad about betraying them but when I see Midoriya or All Might, or both of them together I get driven insane and that feeling from before fades.

My last talk with Tomura, I realized no matter what I do as a hero to make my father proud will never happen. He'll never notice me as a hero. Tomura said so as well.

Being so, I don't have the desire to even become a hero anymore. It was all just to get his approval but now I don't want it anymore. He can keep his approval, his care, his praises to himself; better yet give them all to freaking Midoriya Izuku!

Everyone's happy. Yet I'm miserable. Maybe once everything happens... I can be happy too.

~~

The next day, we had another day off at school and so I went to the LOV hideout. Shoto was busy visiting his mom and well I didn't feel like accepting Mina's invitation to hang out. And so there I was again reading through the cocktail recipe book. Each drink looked so pretty and making it was like doing art.

"Purple Haze, looks pretty. I think I nailed it." I spoke as I finished garnishing the drink and took a picture of it.

"Well it might look pretty but does it taste good?" spoke someone from the door.

I turned towards the voice and saw Dabi. He was wearing a nice coat, it was blue-ish but looked a bit black. Special looking cuffs adorned his arms, his shirt was white and black slacks with black colored boots. He looked... rather handsome.

"What?" he asked confused. "You're not going to let me try it?"

"Oh!" I snapped out of my dazed state. "Um sure, you can." I said while eyeing him.

He took a seat and I handed him the drink. He looked at it and swirled it a bit before drinking it. "Mm not bad. It's pretty good. You've got talent for making drinks." He told me.

I smiled with a light blush. "Thanks."

"So what are you doing here? Don't you have a life?"

"Don't you mind your own business?" I challenged back.

He chuckled, "Touché."

We spent a few minutes talking. I was able to deduce Dabi apparently doesn't like talking about his past and he's a total mystery. But still he was interesting to talk to.

"So your quirk..." Dabi asked without any hesitation, "The Bossman's boss gave it to you?"

I nodded bitterly. "Yes but... we can't talk here."

He nodded as well and we headed outside in the back alley. Thankfully the sun was setting and not much people were around. We walked for a bit and I told him briefly about how I got my quirk.

"So do you regret it?" he asked, "I'm asking 'cause of what happened that day with the boss pinning you down."

I looked away from him and sighed, "Part of me does but another doesn't. I can't let those two get away with what they've done."