Chapter 22. An Enemy's Secret

The wind became dry and time seemed to stop as we stared at each other. We've never been alone face to face before. I always thought it'd be in a different circumstance.

"I understand now." He addressed me. "The reason you act that way towards me and All Might, it makes sense."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said with clueless expression.

Stopping me Midoriya said, "All Might told me."

"What?" I answered with my back facing him.

"He told me he's your dad." Midoriya spoke making me scowl.

I felt my stomach twist with anger. My eyebrow was twitching. Why the hell did he tell this guy?! He's told me multiple times never to tell a soul and he goes telling his successor? That nerve.

"What?" I faked a tone of shock, "All Might my dad? That's quite the imagination you have Midoriya." I chuckled with wary as I faced him.

Midoriya was observing me as I kept a poker face. "I'm being serious [Y/N]. He told me. He said you're his daughter. The child he's kept hidden from everyone. A daughter that even Gran Torino happens to know as well."

I sighed deeply. It's not like I can keep acting dumb. But it irks me that All Might told Midoriya to no end... it enrages me and so much that it's capable of erasing my guilt.

"So what if it's true?" I spoke defeatedly. "What's it to you?"

Midoriya looked rather nervous as I stared at him with an expressionless gaze. But he eventually told me, "We need to talk [Y/N], All Might is worried about you. He cares about you a lot. He's just not sure how to—"

"This isn't your business. You have no idea what I've suffered with that man. He's caused me more suffering than you can imagine. I'm sure he didn't tell you that." I spat angrily, "Who do you even think you are to tell me he cares?"

"He's concerned about you. He's your dad, you're his only daughter. We've talked and he's been uneasy. You're coming home late and acting different." He countered without any shakiness to his tone; it surprised me. "Despite what you think he does worry and acknowledge you and I'm not trying to interfere in your relationship with him. But I care a lot about All Might and I want to see you both happy."

I chuckled as I crossed my arms. He wants to see us happy? Hah, ridiculous.

"Okay fine. Let's talk." I addressed him. "Well let me start by saying this, it's a funny way of showing his concern for me considering all he ever does is spend his time with you. But hey that's what he wants. I'm okay with it really. I have other people who care about me. It's the reason why I have my quirk to where it is in the first place. So since you're such good friends with him you can tell him, he can stop getting concerned about me. I don't need him."

His eyes widened, "You're jealous." He gasped.

"What?" I exclaimed with a deathly tone. "You're out of your damn mind. Why would I be jealous of you? Just because he's spending his time with you and people talk about how your quirks are so similar, which oddly they are huh? It's a coincidence no? Hah, please I'm anything but jealous." I glared at him as the word vomit came out.

My tone didn't faze him. Instead he was analyzing my reaction. "You... dislike the fact that All Might and I spend time together. The fact that you compared our quirks in that way... that  means you know about One for All, and you're upset he didn't—"

"Stop trying to assume something you know nothing about!" I shouted upset, "I don't need your pity! I don't need anything from either of you. Even if you have his quirk, I can show that man I'm more capable than you or any of these people to surpass him! And I'll do it without his shitty quirk."