Chapter 21. Campfire Truths

A/n: I'm sorry for the late update

~

It was finally the day. It seemed to have taken forever. I said goodbye to my dad, his expression of disagreement never changing.

"Behave. Don't be so reckless." He reminded me.

I rolled my eyes, "Since when have I been reckless?"

"The Hero Killer incident for example."

I sighed deeply, "Yeah, yeah." If only he knew what was going to happen. "Well maybe I should get going. I still need to pack."

Starting to walk off I suddenly came to a stop. "[Y/N], wait." He said. What could he want now?

"Do you need something from me?" I asked oddly.

He motioned me to sit. "Let's talk."

"Talk?" my face scrunched up in confusion. "Why?"

He never does this. It's been years since we sat together to talk. The last time we did was probably when he told me my mom had died. This can't be good...

"When you get back from the camping trip... we should spend some time together. You can show me what you can do with your quirk, we could go to the amusement park or the beach. You used to love going there."

He kept rambling on about going on some kind of trip together. I kept staring at him. Why is he telling me this? What's his purpose in doing this? Why? Why now? It's too late.

"That sounds nice." I lied through my teeth. "Can I ask you why?"

If his answer... can his answer be the one I've always waited for? Could he heal the damage my heart has because of the abandonment he had given me these past years? Please dad... please let me hear the words my soul has been craving to hear from you... please tell me that you care about me, that you didn't' mean for all this to happen?

"No specific reason." He answered making my hope shatter. "I just thought it would be nice."

"Nice... yeah." I cleared my throat.

He smiled at me and yet his answer left me with emptiness. That's not what I wanted you to say dad... why couldn't you tell me—

"Look forward to it." He added.

Turning away from him I took a deep breath and replied, "Yeah dad... looking forward to it."

That wasn't a lie completely. I was looking forward... to see his face when everything went down. He will no longer be a dark shadow haunting me in my life.

~~

Arriving at the campsite we were all given a surprise by the pro heroes dubbed the Wild, Wild Pussy Cats. They ended up making us do so much work to get to the actual camping grounds. I leaned against Shoto as we both walked with heavy feet.

To make matters worse after eating we all went to the spring baths and that stupid pervy Mineta tried peeping at us. He failed thankfully but I ended up getting out of the baths before anything else were to happen. I found myself with Shoto later who asked if I was okay regarding the Mineta incident.

"I'm glad little Kota was there to help us, but he did end of up seeing us though. I felt bad that he fainted." I muttered embarrassed, "Not to mention a little kid ended up seeing us like... that."

Shoto's cheeks were rather pink. "Right... but I'm sure he's fine. Midoriya took him to the pros."

"Midoriya this, Midoriya that..." I grumbled, "Isn't that perfect."