Chapter 48. Fallen

A/N: Ahhh we're getting closer to the end(s) 👀

~

~

~

Breaking free from a prisoned mind is frightening. Sometimes one gets accustomed to the darkness and when light threatens to bleed through, it's natural to want to try to reject it. However, it's not a question of whether one wants to break free, rather it's finding the courage to face those fears that imprisoned us from the start.

 However, it's not a question of whether one wants to break free, rather it's finding the courage to face those fears that imprisoned us from the start

~~

'Do what you must.' –that voice echoed in my head.

I placed my hands together. My eyes still on the ground as I silently gathered all the energy I could. Just like a volcano blowing its top, my anger had erupted and I sent a large scale attack of my force shields to send them all away followed by a dramatic air cannon attack.

"Hahaha!" I chuckled knocking them down to their feet. "Sike! As if! The girl you see before you is Eris. And Eris doesn't have any need to get revenge against her father or prove to anyone her worth! My only objective as Eris is to get One for All!"

"Deku!" several voices yelled out as attacks flew left and right.

"Watch out!"

"I can't see a thing!"

"Haru can't you use Blood Haze to weaken her?"

"I need to get close to her to shoot her with one of my blood darts." Haru shouted, "Can't see with all this smoke in the air and if I use my quirk normally, then you guys will be affected too!" Get her isolated and give me room to shoot!"

"Deku!"

"On it!"

"Guys we have company!"

"Nomu??!"

"Split up then!"

Shouts of distress were heard all around. The sound of attacks hitting the ground and smoke rising up into the air. It was chaotically perfect.

"Finally the time has come to end this once and for all." I rose into the air. "Frankly I'm getting quite tired of this."

An explosion seared the tips of my hair. "Think again! Like hell you're going to get away with this! We're gonna put a stop to you!" Bakugou had shouted at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up Blasty! What? You're trying to prove to my dad that you're better than Deku too?" I mockingly laughed.

"I don't need to prove anything. You're the one who needs to shut your mouth!"

"Aw boo-hoo, don't tell me I hurt your feelings. The truth hurts though." I healed my slightly burnt cheek and used AFO's rivet stab quirk, but to my annoyance he dodged it.