Chapter 31. Overhaul

Indeed, Yusuke and I didn't make it on time. We only saw a fancy black car drive off from where the meeting was supposed to be. I felt something was off.

"What the—" Yusuke stopped as he approached the entrance. His eyes widened.

"What happened?" I asked Yusuke as walked past him but immediately stopped when I saw blood.

Mr. Compress had lost an arm and Magne was dead. Toga was devastated and Twice was upset and filled with anxiety. Shigaraki seemed to be the only one with a cool head.

"[Y/N]!" Spinner beckoned me, "Can you try healing Mr. Compress?"

I hurried towards Mr. Compress, sadly I couldn't return any limbs. But I managed to stop the bleeding and pain for him.

"Thank you [Y/N]." Mr. Compress tiredly spoke.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"The Yakuza idiot did it." Toga spoke with a dark tone. Her hand fiddled with her knife.

"It's all my fault!" Twice panicked. "I was the one who brought him here!"

"But you didn't know he'd do this!"

"Cocky arrogant bitch..."

"Yakuza huh..." Yusuke mumbled with a thoughtful expression, "They're not really villains but they do act like them. Hypocritical if you ask me. "

"True." Shigaraki agreed with him, "Tch. He thinks he can take over and make us follow him. It really pisses me off."

Hearing Shigaraki say so, led something in my head to snap. "That's it! I'm killing him!" I broke out in a vicious demeanor.

Yusuke grabbed me by the back of my shirt as I tried running off, "You're not going anywhere."

"He killed Magne and look what he did to Mr. Compress!" I shouted with anger. I was going crazy seeing the blood of someone I cared for shedding. Magne was a good person, despite being a villain... Magne didn't deserve this and neither did Mr. Compres. "That Yakuza jerk can't just walk away from this shit!"

Yusuke looked at me and he shook his head, "The real you wouldn't want that. What do you think will happen if you end up killing someone and then awaken your old self, you'll panic. You won't hesitate to try in killing yourself again. You won't help if you die. Think about what your goals are."

I sighed. He was right.

"I don't get the big deal on why she can't kill. She's a villain. Villains kill eventually." Shigaraki spoke.

Yusuke glared at him, "You don't understand. She's not mentally stable at the moment. She's got two personalities since the incident of Kamino. Therefore, while one wants to kill the other doesn't. The old her made me promise she would never kill. I made a promise to her I do not plan on breaking."

"What?" I asked very confused. I felt confused for a moment. His words sounded familiar yet foreign at the same time. I didn't understand why though. Frankly I didn't care either.

Shigaraki shot another look at Yusuke who answered with a steady tone.

"The more time passes, there are moments where it seems like she's not aware that her personalities split into two. Seems like this is one of those times." He added. "She's more inclined to this newer person you see here before you."

"But her... memories are still intact, right?" Shigaraki asked.

"Well duh." I rolled my eyes, "I'm not sure what the hell you two mean about two personalities but I'm well aware of everything I've lived so far."