New ~12 (S1)

(Published:31/3/2021)

It had been a few weeks since my conversation with Kaname but I still couldn't get it out of my mind. Groaning, I lifted my head from the desk. My chair scraped on the ground as I stood up. I rubbed my eyes as I walked out of the classroom. Why did class have to be so boring?

I didn't realise that there was someone in front of me until I had crashed right into them. "Ow..." I rubbed my shoulder as I had landed on it. Looking up I saw that there was a boy on the ground across from me as well. He must have been the person who I'd walked into. After jumping to my feet I held a hand out to him. Green eyes darted away from mine as I helped pull him to his feet.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"It's fine, I wasn't looking either," he said in a small voice, picking up the book he had dropped.

"Wait, aren't you the new kid, Arima?" I asked.

It was clear he didn't want to talk to me as he nodded slightly and said, " I have to go." Strange.

~~~~~

"Akari-Chan!" Umi shouted as I walked into our room. She had managed to wreck the place even though I had previously cleaned it two hours earlier.

"Yes, Umi-San?" I slipped my shoes off and loosened my tie, I hated things being around my neck.

"I found this on your bed, I think someone bought this for you." She dropped a neatly wrapped box into my hands. "I tried to see what was inside but I couldn't open it without tearing the packing," Umi said nonchalantly as if she hadn't just been nosing around in my business. I shot her a quick glare but I don't think she noticed, she was too interested in the box. "Open it then!"

I carefully unwrapped the box. When I opened it a blue gem sat, moulded into the metal of a ring. Sliding it onto my finger, I admired its simplistic beauty.

"Who do you think got you it?" Umi asked, her eyes sparkling in fascination. It hit me. Kaname.