Who are you?

V POV

The rustling was getting louder and louder and LOUDER.

Then suddenly it was silent. Almost too quiet...

I turned my head towards JK. His clothing had dirt all over him. Well I wasn't much cleaner as I was covered in dirt head to toe. After waiting a bit longer I decided to take a peek but JK was quick to grab my arm.

I froze in my spot and stopped trying to peek. I stayed quiet, trying to limit my movements.

We stayed quiet and waited some more.

There was more rustling again and suddenly a voice was heard.

"Do you think we scared them away Sato?"

"I think we did Suno. Let's just hurry and look for some food here before the foxes come."

I was shocked. Were they running from the foxes as well? Were the people talking also test subjects? I slowly peeked out to see two young boys. They had the same face so I assumed they were twins. Both of them were wearing black shirts that had rips all over and was covered in mud. They both wore shorts and they were walking in barefoot as they dug around in the trash cans which I assumed were looking for food.

JK was also observing them as his head was on top of mine as we peeked out.

Why were they out here and not within the walls? Did they escape?

Should we approach them? Or is this a trap? We can't just trust anyone.

I was deep in thought I didn't noticed two pairs of eyes staring at me shocked.

"Who are you?"

I only then realized that the twins were staring at me with widened eyes. They both stood side by side in what I think is their fight stance. I awkwardly pointed at myself to make sure they were talking to me even though I knew they were since no one else was here.

"Uhh I'm V and this is JK" I introduced not knowing what else to do.

"Are you a survivor? Although you guys look a lot older." The one on the right spoke up.

"That's not possible Suno" the one on the left spoke glaring at his twin. "We were the only survivors."

"But Sato maybe they did how would we know?" The one on the right began to argue.

Okay so Sato is the one on the left and Suno is the one on the right. I really couldn't tell them apart. They were so identical.

"Well I do know cause there was ten of us and we saw 8 dead bodies." Sato says

"Well maybe they weren't dead?" Suno says crossing his arms.

"Um I promise we don't mean any harm but how about we talk somewhere else before we are caught due to your arguing." I ask them getting kinda nervous since they didn't seem to care about their surroundings.

"V..." JK says from behind me.

"Maybe we can learn something." I whisper back and JK nods.

The twins looked at one another as if they were talking to one another.

"Follow us." Suno says as the two began to walk into the forest.

I looked back at JK and he nodded. We followed behind them, not to close behind but just enough so that we could still hear them if they had to talk.

"Ughh Suno you got us lost." Sato suddenly spoke up.

"It's dark how am I suppose see properly and for your information the trees literally all look the same when it's dark." Suno retorts.

"Then why did you tell them to follow us if you didn't even know where we were going" Sato says.

"Why don't you try guiding them then? You were with me the whole time" Suno says hitting Sato in the head.

"Stop hitting me!" Sato yells while hitting Suno.

This was getting out of hand I looked at JK and he looked annoyed. Well he had his usual poker face but I could tell he was getting annoyed.

"You grab Sato and I'll grab Suno. Then we fly to a safer location." I whisper to JK and he nods.

I quickly jog up to Suno and JK grabs onto Sato.

We both push off the ground into the air and just like that we unfolded our wings and flew away as quickly as we could. We kept flying until JK found a cave high up in the mountain.

The twins haven't spoken a word since we took lift off. The both remained silent. No arguing, no fighting, no comments.

Once we landed we threw them onto the ground where they crashed into each other. Suno and Sato were now seated onto the floor while I stood in front of them. JK went to inspect the cave to see if it was safe.

Suno and Sato were once again glaring at each other but stayed seated and kept their mouth shut.

I sighed and sat down next to them.

"So Suno, Sato?" I start. The two snap their heads towards me.

"How do you know our names" Sato asks.

"Yeah we never introduced ourselves to you" Suno says.

"Well I just happened to hear your arguments that were very loud might I add." I respond and they just looked down.

"So I'm assuming the two of you are twin brothers?"

The two of them nod.

JK walks out of the cave. "Coast is clear." He says and I nod.

I signal for the twins to follow us into the cave. Once we were inside the cave we took a deer on the floor. It wasn't a big cave but it was enough for all four of us to lie down flat.

"So... how about you tell us a little about yourselves?" I ask.

"Only if you two tell us about yourselves after." Suno says.

I hesitatingly nodded.

The twins then turned to look at JK awaiting for his answer.

He stared them down but nodded nonetheless.

"Well let's start then." I say.

New characters introduced! Twin boys Suno and Sato

Twin boys Suno and Sato.

Been watching more anime's recently and I thought Japanese names were pretty cute

More about them next chapter!