Blood

V POV

How long has it been...

What happened....

Where am I...

I opened my eyelids only to once again shut them due to the beaming sun rays blinding me.

"v"

"v"

"V" I could finally make out Suno and Sato's voice as they repeated my name.

"WAKE UP" they yelled in sync.

"I'M AWAKE" I yelled back as I shot up. Suno and Sato were sitting next to me but someone was missing.

"JK WHERE IS JK?!" I yelled as my eyes grew. Where is he? What happened? Did the foxes take him?

Suno and Sato both stared at me with wide eyes and mouth wide open.

"A flies gonna fly in if you don't start speaking." I muttered, annoyed that they weren't responding. The two of them kept making small glances at each other until finally Suno spoke up.

"Okay so... you've been out for around 3 days..."

"3 days? I've been out for that long? I can barely even remember what happened" I respond.

"Well after you were shot. JK caught you before the four of us fled. It was really bad and blood was everywhere." Sato explained. His hand gestures made the story ever more interesting.

"We flew to the cave and did whatever we could but you still didn't wake up. Of course we were extremely scared but JK was prob a hundred times more scared. In the middle of the night he had heard a gunshot and just took off." Suno said. "After he took off he never came back..." Sato finished.

"WHAT?! So you're telling me he has been gone for three days? WHAT IF HE GOT SHOT?!" I yell before rushing out the cave. Suno and Sato both tumbled out the cave following me.

"WAIT." They both say.

I turned around to see the two holding an assortment of different fruits. I smiled before ruffling their hair and eating the fruit.

"Thank you." I smile and they smile back. The three of us then went for a running start before jumping off the cliff and taking lift off.

"This way" Sato said before signalling us to follow us. "That's the direction JK flew towards since we last saw him"

I nodded and the three of us began flying towards that direction. This time we were a lot more alert and conscious as to what was happening around us.

Hmm... where could JK have gone. The more I thought about it the more worried I got. What if something bad happened? There's no way he could have gotten lost right? What if he was captured?

"Hey wait! Stop for a sec." Suno called out to us. "Don't you guys smell that?"

It took a while for me to process the smell but when I did smell it, I immediately regretted it. The stench pierced my nose as it was horrendous. How did I not smell it earlier.

I slowly flew down to the ground and landed quietly. Suno and Sato were quick to follow. We ventured towards the stench and eventually came across a sight I wish I never saw.

"What the fu-" the twins started but I was quick to cover their mouth.

Blood was splattered everywhere. The trees, grass, bushes and flowers were covered in a thick layer of blood. There were scratch marks all over the trees and branches were scattered everywhere. Feathers and fur were stuck on tree branches or just floating around in the air. One could probably hypothesize that a fight broke out between a bird and some foxes.

Wait... a bird? JK has wings...

I raced towards the first feather I could find. To my relief it was definitely not JKs.

Although there was so much evidence of a fight, there was no body.

"Let's follow the trail" I say before walking through all the blood.

The three of us followed the rather unpleasant trail.

"Soo... are you sure JK is here?" Suno asked.

"Well I'm not certain but this is definitely a clue." I said speeding up in pace. The more we walked, the sight only got worse.

Eventually we began seeing fox bodies lying dead on the ground. They were brutally killed, limbs not even attached and blood carpeting everything. The stench was horrendous as we trudged through all the icky gunk laying everywhere.

"What even happened here" Sato whispered.

"Any signs of JK?" Suno soon followed.

I didn't respond as I was to focused on trying to locate JK. I know JKs scent and I knew I could smell JK from anywhere. The perk of having better senses. I tried to focus but it was too hard. Either JK was captured or not even in this area. Or he is just lying in a pile of fox blood because that is all I can smell. Unfortunately...

"Let's just keep walking a bit.. maybe we can figure something out cause this isn't a normal sight." I say.

The three of us continued to walk. There had to be over a hundred dead foxes here. Seriously what even happened?

"Hey there's a cave over there! Let's take a break" Suno called out pointing over to a small cave. I looked at the two and saw they looked kinda disturbed by everything going on. As much as I wanted to find JK, I understood that I should probably look out for the rest of my family as well.

"Okay let's go." I said being walking over. The cave looked really dark and smelled of blood... should we really be resting here?

"Um... I'll scout the cave first." I say before slowly walking in. It was good I had night vision since the cave was really really dark.

When I stepped in, their was a strong stench. Although there were no fox bodies anywhere inside, the cave just smelled like blood.

"Suno, Sato I think it's O-"

Hey guys! Sorry for another short chapter

Hey guys! Sorry for another short chapter. Kinda at a loss for what kinda "arc" I should have next. Still trying to brainstorm something but I hope it all goes well!

Thanks!!