Night

POV V(STILL FLASHBACK TO WHEN HE WAS 5 YEARS OLD)

I can't wait to meet him.

The third routine was nothing to me because I was so excited to meet my new roommate. I was immune to the pain they induced on me.

The entire lab had no windows therefore I have no idea what the outside world looks like.

Appa told me the outside world is a very dangerous place and that people will take advantage of me. He told me to be a good boy and stay in the lab with him. Since I was here since a baby, I consider this lab my home.

I could tell it was night time though since I could see JK130613 being dragged towards my cage.

The cage is roughly opened and he is thrown inside. I can tell it was a very rough landing but he didn't even make a sound.

Our cage is small. I can't even stand up in the cage, as a result I'm always sitting or lying down. The cage is deep enough for probably two people to lie down flat.

"H-hello?" I whisper to JK130613. He just stares at me with a cold glare. His eyes look lifeless.

"What's your name?" I ask.

No response.

"I'll just call you JK then..."

Nothing

"Uh my name is V130613... but you can call me V!" I say trying to sound as friendly as possible.

Weird. Why doesn't he talk?

After all that staring or glaring, JK suddenly moves to lie down. His back was facing me. I guess he's going to sleep.

"Goodnight JK" I whisper not knowing if he heard it or not.

I decide to also go to sleep. I lay down right next to him. Our shoulders were touching but it's not like we could do much. The cage was crowded but I'm not complaining since I finally have a roommate!

I can't sleep...

"Hey JK?" I whisper to him.

"Are you awake?" I ask.

JK suddenly moves around a little. I guess he's awake.

"Why were you brought here?" I ask.

"Parents sold me." He said.

Omg he talked.

"Really wow we are like soulmates! My parents also sold me but I never got to see them. I was hear since I was born." I explain to him.

"You only just came right? Why don't you talk much? I'm so happy your here now because now I have someone I can talk to! Do you also have three routines a day? Have you met appa yet? He's a super nice guy."

"Appa is not what you think he is." Is all he says.

"What do you mean? Appa is the best person to ever exist. He takes care of me and says I'm his favourite. Oh wait maybe you're jealous since appa likes me more." I say. Why would he say appa is not what I think?

There is no response.

"Hey JK, are you sleeping?"

Again no response.