Love story

Short chapter: 1210 words

V POV

Our night continued on with laughter and smiles. Is this what it felt like to have grandparents? Or at least a grandma? She told us many stories and cooked us much more food. It was so comfortable that I honestly didn't want to leave. Suno and Sato were sat in front of the tv as it displayed the news.

JK and I weren't really watching the tv and instead helping grandma clean up the dishes. Grandma had walked into her room to grab something.

"OH MY GOD" Suno suddenly said really really loudly.

"What is it?" I asked.

Sato pointed at the television.

Breaking news: man eating fox?

"Tonight, a few campers had gone out into the woods when they encountered a large fox. The fox viciously attacked the campers blood thirsty. Two dead and two with major injuries. Avoid the QE woods for the time being until further notice. Thank you."

My eyes widened at the news. If I'm not wrong... those are the foxes Appa has tested on. The foxes actually attacked innocent humans? Good thing they were in a different forest much farther away still though.

"We should... we definitely need to train. I don't think we'll be able to survive another attack from them." I say quietly so grandma can't hear.

"The foxes are evolving at a very fast pace." JK says.

"Let's just continue what we are doing now. Once we pay Jin back, we may have to find a new house somewhere further in case the foxes come to this city looking for us." I say and everyone nods.

"Boys? I have something for you." Grandma calls out after walking out her room. She hands each of us a beaded bracelet. Suno had a red one with a single blue bead while Sato had a blue one with a single red bead. JK had a black one with a white bead and I had a white bracelet with a black bead. Grandma handed each us a bracelet before embracing us in a tight warm hug. She felt so fragile that I was scared to accidentally injure her.

"It's a reminder. A reminder that I am always here for you boys. Although we've only known each other for a short period. I feel as though you were the grandchildren I never had." Suno and Sato got ready eyed and began crying. The quickly ran up to grandma and embraced her tightly. It was the most heartwarming sight I've ever seen. That even will forever be engraved in my mind.

"Thank you grandma. We promise to visit a lot!" I said before dragging JK with me to join the group hug.

While we hugged I heard someone sniffling. I looked down and saw grandma crying. Crying?!

"Grandma why are you crying?" I asked unwrapping my arms from the hug. Everyone else does the same as they looked at grandma in concern.

"Boys... don't worry. These are tears of happiness. Happy tears" she says.

I let out a sigh of relief. The 5 of us enjoyed the rest of our night together. Grandma told us more stories about her children and ho she met her husband. Her love story was kind of similar to JK and mines. Similar in the sense that they met at a young age and basically grew up together. They didn't know who fell in love first because they knew already that they were meant to be together forever. She told us about her school life with her husband and how they used to do homework together. Grandma was bad at math so her husband always smacked her in the head with a notebook to make her focus on studying.

I wonder if JK and I would have been like that if we were... normal? Nothing can be our love story though. Our love story is the best love story.

I quickly leaned in to give JK a kiss on his cheek. He looked at me shocked but soon returned the kiss only this time, on the lips. I melted into his lips. Yeah, we were perfect for each other.

"Oh I had no idea you two were a couple" grandma said.

"Grandma, those two are always together" Suno says.

"They are so in love it makes me sick." Sato says pretending to puke.

"Haha young love. Oh what I would give to live those days again." Grandma laughs. "Make sure everyday you live to the fullest. Never give up if you run into an obstacle. Keep the close ones close and always remember your family. Do the things you want to now because otherwise you may regret not doing it in the future. Die with no regrets. I'm sure you boys will become great people" grandma shares. The four of us listened to her carefully and took in everything she said. Words of wisdom.

"Grandma? Aren't you lonely?" I smack Sato after his rude question.

Grandma laughs but it wasn't like her other laughs. It was a fake laugh, hiding her true loneliness. "Of course I am lonely, every single day. That's why I was so glad to have you over today." Grandma says. "Always cherish and be great full of what you have. Don't think about what you don't have and instead appreciate the things you do have. You will never know when you may lose someone close to you so treat everyday like your last. Live your life to the fullest." Grandma says hugging the twins. I smiled at her little speech. I looked over at JK who was looking at me. I'm so grateful to have JK by my side. I'm so grateful to have met the twins. I'm so grateful to have left the lab. Now that I think about it... there is so much I am grateful for. Even though I don't have parents, I was a test subject and didn't live a normal childhood. Everything up till now, has so much that needs to be appreciated.

"It's getting late now, won't your parents be worried?" Grandma asked.

"We don't have parents." Suno blankly stated.

"Oh my! I had no idea. Do you guys stay at the orphanage then?" Grandma asked.

"What's an orphanage" I ask.

"An orphanage is a home for those who no longer have parents or their parents had given up on them. It's not far from here, just down the road." Grandma explained.

"Oh I see. Maybe we will check it out later." I say.

"Where will you be staying tonight then?" Grandma asked. If we told her we were sleeping in a cave in the middle of a forest she might worry.

"Um, we found a place to stay don't worry." I say.

"Alright, we'll you're all welcome here whenever you want." Grandma says. The four of us walked out her front door and waved goodbye to grandma. The twins hugged hugged her one last time. I followed soon after hoping to feel the warmth she gave off. Lastly JK walked up to grandma and gave her a small hug.

"Take care of them." She said and JK nodded before giving a small smile.

"I promise." JK said before turning and walking out the door with us.

" JK said before turning and walking out the door with us