The Foxes

JK POV

I couldn't sleep. I was, in all honesty, excited. It's been years since I've been outside. We have been stuck in that laboratory for years but luckily we were able to develop powers. I never regret being in the laboratory. It was better then my old home.

In my old home I was abused. Abused everyday, every night, everywhere.

My parents never loved me. I was hit for doing nothing. I was hit for doing something. It didn't make any sense.

I was happy when they sold me. I never wanted to go back to them. I know being happy about getting sold to a laboratory by your own parents sounds pretty sad but it was never like that for me.

In that laboratory I was able to meet V. I was able to feel like someone loved me and loved my company. The countless nights I listened to V talk to me were the nights I'll never forget.

I stared at V sleeping next to me. The moon shown over his facial features. He was ethereal.

We've been through thick and thin together. I could never imagine a life without him.

I continued to stare at V until I heard something in a bush.

I immediately put my guard up. I couldn't see anything due to the dark but I could easily sense something was there. Animal instincts...

Suddenly I could hear a low growl. I squinted my eyes and quickly shook V awake. He seemed startled but soon understood the situation after hearing another low growl.

"There's over 20 of them" V whispered to me squinting his eyes where the growl was heard using his night vision. "Appa?" V tilts his head confused.

The growling got louder and louder. We were surrounded now.

Appa made a "grand" entrance. A large car drove in. The lights shining into our eyes.
Once my eyes got used to the light I could see everything clearly.

We were surrounded.

Surrounded by wolves or foxes? They were all growling lowly, drool and blood all over their mouth. Their eyes were red and they were huge. They were as big as me and I'm already a lot bigger then an average human.

"Long time no see. JK, V meet the foxes!

Foxes meet your next meal." Appa said smirking.

My eyes widen. I quickly turn my head towards V and his eyes are just as wide.

There were more of us? I mean we clearly aren't the same but we were all test subjects?!

"Appa why didn't you tell us their were others? I thought we were the only ones? Why didn't you?" V asked.

"Oh V poor poor V... you only just saw the outside world. Unfortunately for you it's about to end. How about I take you to heaven?" Appa says.

I couldn't help but glare at him. He's been manipulating V since day one.

"Heaven! Really?!" V says. He looks at me and I quickly shook my head telling him no.

"Yes V, heaven maybe you'll see some of your friends?"

"Like M10?" V ask getting excited.

I internally facepalmed.

"Yes of course are you ready to go?" Appa asks V.

V just nods and just like that Appa snaps his finger and yelled "ATTACK"

Foxes were coming in from all directions. Launching at us as if they haven't eaten in decades and we were a 5 course meal.

I quickly run up to V and grab his hand.

"FLY" I yell and he quickly unfolds his wings I follow behind him only to be pulled back.

A fox had bit me on my leg and was now pulling me down. Lucky for me I couldn't feel much pain but on the other hand I couldn't get out. I used my other foot to kick the foxes face only to have another fox come jumping at me. Now I had foxes hanging off my legs and torso.

My legs were bleeding and I had claw marks all over. Not a pretty sight.

V turned around and saw me. He let out a scream and quickly flew towards me, wrapping his arms around my chest. He tried pulling but that didn't help much. V then let go and quickly tackled the large chain of foxes that was built. This led to some foxes falling. I gave one last push, kicking off one of the foxes head and managed to escape their grip.

V saw that I escaped and flew next to me.

"Let's get out of here" he says. I couldn't agree more.

All that was heard were the growls of the foxes.

"We make a great team!" V said out of the blue.

"I guess we do" I respond only to receive a punch to the shoulder from V.

"I saved you so now you owe me one" he said.

"I guess I do" I said and just like that we flew off to who knows where.