LAW Update. Bahrain breakdown 3

Tuesday March 30th.

Waking up to find his side of the bed empty again was not how she wanted to start her day, not today of all days. It was a depressing thought when she realised that neither herself or Seb had spoken to each other yet, he hadn't even apologised for his behaviour towards her on Sunday nor for sneaking off to his ex's place yesterday morning. And that's what she thought it was, sneaking. He'd snuck off to see his ex in the early hours without even giving herself a second thought. She stared at the ceiling as she remembered Britta's last words before she'd left late yesterday afternoon, don't be too hard on him. If it wasn't for where he'd ended up for most of yesterday then she'd have agreed. Seb had got some serious explaining to do.

She could just about hear the shower running in the en-suite and she sat up, looking towards the door. So, he was up then. He was still here. Where did he sleep last night? Only one way to find out, you won't get anywhere if you don't talk to him.

Getting out of bed, she headed to the window and opened the curtains, letting the sunlight stream in. Outside the sky was clear and blue, the trees were starting to bud and break into life and everything looked......hopeful? Optimistic? Spring like? Just as a bird fluttered past the window, she felt the welcome flutterings inside her as the twins seemed to let her know that they were awake too. "I can't wait to see you both later." She rubbed her tummy. "No hiding your boy bits or girl bits today, we need to know what names to give you both. And yes, I am going to let your father come with us, even after what he did on Sunday and yesterday." Thinking of Seb once again, she turned around and made her way to the en-suite. As she put her hand on the door handle she tried to ignore the little tingles of excitement that she felt at knowing what lay the other side of this door. Her gorgeous Seb, naked in the shower. Remember, you're pissed off with him.

Seb could hear the door opening and he automatically turned to look towards it, wondering how she'd be with him this morning. He knew that he should have come to bed last night to be with her but he'd felt so ill after drinking so much yesterday that he hadn't wanted to disturb her. He knew that he owed her a huge apology. In fact he owed a few people an apology, starting with his wife and including Hannah and Otmar (he'd had several missed calls from his team boss on his phone). "Hey." He tentatively spoke to her, trying to gage her mood.

"Having a freshen up before you sneak off to your ex again, are we?" She put the lid down on the toilet and sat on it. He looked wounded but she didn't care, she wanted him to know how she'd been feeling.

"Of course not." He replied quietly while rinsing himself off under the running water. "And I didn't do anything with her, if that's what you're thinking." He added, able to feel her eyes on him through the glass.

"That isn't my issue!" She rose her voice and got to her feet. Wasn't he even going to say he was sorry? "My issue is that you went to her Seb!"

"I'm sorry." His apology was quiet and humble, a sign that he still wasn't himself after the weekend.

"I've been so worried, I was close to calling the police! You didn't answer my calls or Britta's or your family's. You had me wandering about outside before six-thirty in the morning, panicking because you'd taken your rucksack and gone on the Harley, I was starting to think all sorts. And then I find out that you've gone to your ex, that you'll talk to her but you won't talk to me."

"I'm sorry." Was all he said again, turning off the water and turning around to face her.

She turned away from him and moved to lean on the sink unit, wiping away the condensation with her hand until her reflection was visible. "We need to get that extractor fan fixed." She muttered to herself.