Just Him. Chapter 118. Unused version.

"No, stay, just for a few more minutes." Chloe temporarily wrapped her legs back around Seb's waist as he went to leave her body to lay beside her. He smiled lazily down at her, more than happy to stay connected to her and more than happy to keep exchanging soft, slow kisses until he'd inevitably fall asleep on top of her. Feeling him relax again, she let her legs fall away from him and pulled him down gently to share kisses that got softer, slower and longer as he got more and more sleepy.

"Mein schöner Ehemann, ich liebe dich so sehr." She whispered against his lips and felt him smile in response.

"Ich liebe dich auch, meine schöne Frau." Starting to feel that he was losing the battle to keep his eyes open, he kissed her one more time and eased himself from inside her so that he could shuffle downwards just enough to lay his head on her chest. "Try and get some sleep." He briefly lifted his head and kissed her right breast before settling down on her, wriggling a little bit to make himself more comfortable. "Forget Stephen, you're always safe with me." Chloe didn't reply, instead she just held Seb and stroked the back of his head until she felt him fall asleep. Then she lay there, dreading what tomorrow might bring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long day at the circuit, in which Seb had spent every spare, available second with her when he wasn't tied up with media duties, meetings or fan signings, they arrived back at the Four Seasons Hotel. As he had whenever they'd been out in public since Michael's warning, Seb gripped her hand tightly and made sure she had Antti walking alongside her as they made their way back into the hotel, as well as the security man he'd secretly hired shadowing them from a distance. At his insistence, Chloe had tried to call Michael about his message but all her calls had failed, leaving them both wondering what he knew about Stephen and Seb wondering if himself warning Stephen off in Austria was coming back to haunt him. The lift stopped a few floors before theirs and a group of four men got in with them, Britta glanced at Seb, seeing him eyeing the men warily and pulling on his wife's hand to bring her in much closer to his side. She exchanged a look with Antti, this was going to be a very long weekend if Seb was going to view everyone they saw as a potential threat to his wife. Chloe looked up at her husband after she felt him kiss the top of her head, she flexed her fingers, the grip he had on her hand was bordering on painful and she needed him to relax his hold a bit. His jaw was tensed, his eyes were fixed on the men who moved closer as the lift stopped again and a couple of men stepped in wearing Racing Point shirts. She was starting to think that taking the stairs would have been a better option, she hated that he was like this, tense, always on high alert every time they left the hotel and suspicious of everyone around them. She felt her phone vibrate in her bag and she quickly looked down at it. Was that the message she'd been agonising over? Was he calling for her now or was he going to make her wait, prolonging her agony even more? The lift stopped once more and it emptied out, leaving just the four of them and Chloe yanked her hand from Seb's vice like grip, shaking it to get the blood flow going again.
"Do you have to grip onto me quite so hard?"

"Sorry." A small flicker of a smile ghosted his lips as his eyes moved from the lift doors to her. "I can't deal with this all weekend." He groaned suddenly, rubbing his face.

"Then relax, I'm sure I'll be fine." The lift finally reached their floor and they all stepped out together. "Maybe we're overthinking things. All Michael said was to be careful."

"Chloe's right Seb." Britta said from behind them. "And you'll do yourself no favours when it comes to getting in that car tomorrow if you're wound up like this."

"He sent Chloe that text for a reason." He stopped as they reached the room that Britta was sharing with Antti. He didn't even want Britta to be left on her own too much this weekend and so they were in a larger than normal room for the both of them to share. "And with Stephen back prowling around this weekend, I'm taking no chances. I'll see you both tomorrow." Grabbing Chloe's hand he walked off, she looked behind her, mouthing the word 'sorry' to them both as he pulled her along with him. The moment they got back into their hotel suite and the door was closed he pulled her close, engulfing her in his arms, making her drop her bag to the floor. While they were both in here he felt calmer and as she looked into his eyes and linked her hands at the back of neck to pull him in for a kiss he felt the stress of the day begin to melt away.